• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Haven

Network Warlord
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 6, 2016
    Camby Area
    What is your goal for a VPN? In general I would avoid all of the VPNs that heavily advertise. Here is some info on who owns the various VPN providers. https://vpnpro.com/blog/hidden-vpn-owners-unveiled-97-vpns-23-companies/ The VPN question really becomes do you trust them to make good on the claims that they make.
    The list missed a few VPN providers.

The VPN I have been using for years, is Keepsolid's VPN Unlimited. The company is based out of the Ukraine, though I didn't know that till recently. They have clients for Mac, Windows, Linux, and most streaming devcies (Roku, AppleTV, Amazon's FireTV, Kodi, etc).

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    What is your goal for a VPN? In general I would avoid all of the VPNs that heavily advertise. Here is some info on who owns the various VPN providers. https://vpnpro.com/blog/hidden-vpn-owners-unveiled-97-vpns-23-companies/ The VPN question really becomes do you trust them to make good on the claims that they make.
    Thank you for this. I use surfshark. It is good to know it is owned(now) by NORD. It is slightly less cost per month than NORD,but generally on most ratings it is rated as having faster service. Kind of sad it was swallowed by one of the giants. I will pay more attention to things now. I was totally unaware of the changes.

I have had few problems with surfshark and have used it for over 3 years now. The main reasons are of course privacy and the ability to look at content not available to people in the USA(a vpn will open your eyes when connected through another country). Of course you need to do other things like browser,not use google,and so on. I get very little of my media exposure or news from mainstream sources.

Few realize how much subliminal messaging they are actually exposed to. It may be a single pixel(there are how to guides online for just this sort of messaging),a slip in compressed sound(sentences speed up you do not hear consciously) ,a single frame of video,speech buried under other sounds or at different frequencies (and so on)and the law in the USA only states that subliminal messages can not be used for advertising or marketing a product,and if the image you are seeing in a say CNN article is hosted in another country(just the image in an article to US viewers)the US law does not seem to even apply...nothing else is illegal currently). Just be aware of that. It is a part of of our lives now.

5. nordvpn s.a. – 4 total VPN products​

Nord Security owns NordVPN, NordLayer, Atlas VPN, Surfshark VPN

Up until November 15, 2020, Tefincom S.A. was the company that owned NordVPN, NordLayer, and other cybersecurity products. After structural changes in Nord Group, all of them were put under nordvpn s.a. entity, which is registered in Panama.

However, Nordsec Ltd., branding themselves as Nord Security, also claims to own the aforementioned products, even though NordVPN’s General Terms of Service doesn’t mention the company at all.

As you can see, mapping the ownership of these products is a bit complicated. It didn’t get much better after the October 15, 2021 deal that saw Peakstar technologies Inc. product Atlas VPN incorporated into Nordsec Ltd. Soon after this, another merger followed.

Since February 2, 2022, Nord Security owns Surfshark VPN. However, the brand retained independence and its user base, at least for the moment. As the nordvpn.com blog post states, the goal of the merger is to “reveal technical knowledge-sharing opportunities and enable more focused market diversification.”

Nordsec Ltd. now controls four VPN products: NordVPN, NordLayer, Atlas VPN, and Surfshark VPN.

Overall, it looks like the beginning of the merger era. Back in September 2021, Kape Technologies bought ExpressVPN for a record sum, making it arguably the largest player in the VPN industry. Obviously, getting Atlas VPN wasn’t enough for Nordsec Ltd. to compete for the market share.

Now, with the addition of Surfshark VPN, the company poses a serious threat to its biggest competitor. It wouldn’t come as a surprise if Ziff Davis or Gaditek make the next move in this Game of VPN Thrones.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom