• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Men Who Lost America by Andrew O'Shaughnessy.

It's a fascinating look at the British government officials and generals, focusing on why they made the stupid decisions they did. Something you don't see in the typical American written history.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    I don’t want to repost….. (although I could have titled it better) but still looking to find some good reading material or maybe even documentaries? Really fascinated and intrigued by the revolutionary war and that whole time period. Just watched sons of liberty and read 1776 any other good ones I’m missing out on? Also watched the crossing focusing on Trenton.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I have a two volume set titled “A New Age Now Begins” that I read quite a few years ago. Don’t know if it’s still in print or not…bought it at Waldenbooks, which shows how old it is…

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I haven't read it yet, but Rick Atkinson's first book in his trilogy is out. His work on WWII was excellent.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Any good watches?

sons of liberty was entertaining and I would watch it again but from the little reading I have done it wasn’t exactly historically accurate (I understand why) was a good watch still.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Any good watches?

sons of liberty was entertaining and I would watch it again but from the little reading I have done it wasn’t exactly historically accurate (I understand why) was a good watch still.
    History channel had a several part series that I think they show around July 4th. Don't remember how many episodes, but I liked it pretty well.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    These are Revolutionary War books I have read in the past couple of years. I recommend all:

"1776" by David McCullough
    "The First Conspiracy: The Secret Plot to Kill George Washington" by Brad Meltzer and Josh Mensch
    "The Road to Guilford Courthouse" by John Buchanan
    "Valley Forge" by Bob Drury and Tom Clavin

It was an era that I feel like I have neglected in my personal history studies, so I dove in about 18 months ago.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Paul Rever's Ride by David Hackett Fischer. Best book I've ever read about Lexington/Concord.
    ^^^^^^ This!!! The bibliography and appendices alone are worth the cost of the book. (I won mine)

It was a revelation to me how knitted together the Patriots were in Boston and it's surrounds, and how Central Warren and Revere were to cross pollinating the various groups.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    After you catch up on your Revolutionary War reading delve into some 1812 history. I have found it equally interesting.

Baby steps. Definitely regret sleeping through history class doing my best to make up for it. (But without a GOOD person delivering the message *not the part time history teacher full time football coach* hard to keep a young rebels attention)

War isn’t really the draw for me with the revolution yes it is a part but the draw is the willingness for civilians to do what they did. And the way of life.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Just watched a documentary on Benedict Arnold on Amazon prime. Wow it was eye opening.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Starting “the British are coming” - Atkinson

this tiny print almost 800 pages long!? Wow may take me a bit lol

Top Bottom