• ...and so much more!
  • gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    FIFY ;)

full disclosure: I have never had a tuna sammich at subway, but I have seen them being made. cat food is the first thing that comes to mind
    Funny you should say that. The first time my ex-husband made a tuna salad sandwich for our son, when he was about five, our son asked him if he was feeding him cat food.

My boy even asked me about it that night to make sure his dad hadn't fed him cat food.

I have to be starving to eat anything that smells or tastes like tuna. I like fish only if it doesn't smell or taste like fish.

And damn it, absolutely positively do not stick fish or tuna in a taco. That is just so wrong.

Last edited:

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    Speaking of cat food, I love me some underwood deviled ham, probably my favorite sandwich filling ever.
    wXX2JD6.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Funny you should say that. The first time my ex-husband made a tuna salad sandwich for our son, when he was about five, our son asked him if he was feeding him cat food.

My boy even asked me about it that night to make sure his dad hadn't fed him cat food.

I have to be starving to eat anything that smells or tastes like tuna. I like fish only if it doesn't smell or taste like fish.

And damn it, absolutely positively do not stick fish or tuna in a taco. That is just so wrong.
    I like yellowfin tuna steaks, either grilled or blackened. They're like the pork chops of the sea. :): I really wish I liked salmon. Those big thick salmon steaks look SO good, but like you said, the flavor is too strong for my taste.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Never had Subway's tuna, but I know the rest of their sanwiches are basically just a salad on a bun with a tiny bit of meat. I sweat they could make 20 foot longs out of 1 lb of deli meat. I'm glad we got a Jimmy Johns last year.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Never had Subway's tuna, but I know the rest of their sanwiches are basically just a salad on a bun with a tiny bit of meat. I sweat they could make 20 foot longs out of 1 lb of deli meat. I'm glad we got a Jimmy Johns last year.
    I don't like Subway, but they do offer double meat if you want to pay for it. How much meat could you put on a "footlong" for $5?

In a similar vein, how the heck can Dominoes deliver a pizza for $5.99? They were not that cheap 40 years ago it seems to me...

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Take Subway over Jimmy John's anyday.

Don't eat either unless someone else is picking the place.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    If you are ever able to tour a processed meat plant (hot dogs/pork fritters/Tuna salad :):) you will be forever changed.
    Years working in the refrigeration side of that industry shows you what to and not to eat out in the wild.
    My brother worked a summer job in HS at a plant that made Arby's "Roast Beef".

The "roast beef" is a self hardening slurry of meat parts, spices, water that is injected into plastic bags and firm up over time.

Had a friend in college who worked summers at Oscar Mayer in Madison WI. He said, never, EVER! eat a hot dog.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    The "roast beef" is a self hardening slurry of meat parts, spices, water that is injected into plastic bags and firm up over time.
    Had a relative who worked at Burger Chef. Got to tour his work where they made the meat. Ditto the above.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Had a friend in college who worked summers at Oscar Mayer in Madison WI. He said, never, EVER! eat a hot dog.
    I guess they have to call it meat. I mean, "We've got the self-hardening slurry of meat parts, spices and water!" just doesn't have the same ring to it as "We've got the meats!"

Cozy439

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Milan Center

I worked for Eckrich Meats between HS and college. I saw the beef hot dogs being made. Nothing but great looking meat, spices etc. It was processed (chopped/ground/mixed/etc) into a slurry and pumped into casings... smoked... cooked... cooled... stripped of the casing... and packaged. Grabbing one as soon as the casing was removed got you a wonderful snack. cannot vouch for other brands or other recipes.

Top Bottom