Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I have a couple of those. I pay $15-20 for a can and another $15 for a spout that works. I used to buy the can WITH the spout that works for $6. With inflation that’s $10 in today’s money. **** you California.
    If you're the garage sale type you can pick up good used 5 gallon cans for anywhere from 2-5 dollars. Most people aren't aware of the kits so when the spout ultimately breaks or they lose parts they set them out for dirt cheap prices because they're "useless". We have 8 or 9 that we've picked up that way and modded to actually you know, work! :rockwoot:

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    Foie gras (duck liver paté) was illegal in California from 2004 to 2020 (I believe).
    It can now be sold again only if it's not produced in California.
    I don't know what they do in The States for it, but in France foie gras has to come from forcefed animals where they just continually feed them and don't allow them to move to fatten up the liver. It's ****ed up. I've no objection to efficiently and ethically killing an animal, but we don't need to torture them in the mean time by force feedings and not allowing them to move. It's also messed up to feed a carnivorous cat a vegan diet, and I get annoyed when I see "vegetarian fed" chicken eggs as chickens are not vegetarians.

I thought these idiots were going to leave the Union?
    We're not that lucky.

I've never tasted wild bore.
    I had it in Poland. It was pretty good IMO.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    California is trying to drag the rest of the country into following their restrictions. With 15% of the demand, they may well be successful to some extent, which raises prices for everyone.
    This.

The producers will not allow the demand to go unfulfilled, so they will do what's necessary.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So ingo needs to eat more bacon to fill the void?
    iu

Lmo1131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2020
    east of the Pacific
    The producers will not allow the demand to go unfulfilled, so they will do what's necessary.
    Of course they will. And what was $7.99 a pound will be $14.95 a pound.

I would find it surprising if hog farmers all across the U.S. would incur operating costs to cater to a single state's myopic legislation.

EDIT: How much is bacon/pound in Indiana?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    A lot of bacon is now packaged in 12OZ packages. I assume it is so their brand looks like a bargain if you don't notice the size. Jim.
    That is how a lot of products have been doing things for a long time. They slowly decrease package size while slowly raising prices.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Farmers who raise livestock on a factory scale will soon go the way of those who produced things like chemicals and computer chips in the US. They will be bankrupted by tightening environmental regulations and be forced out of business. If they are big enough, they can move their operations to countries with lesser regulations. The leftists don't care if all our meat ends up coming from China, they don't want you to eat it anyways.

Top Bottom