• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    What Illinois don't know won't hurt them. Seems like it would only come into play if the gun needed to be used. It just sucks trying to do the right thing, honest thing and the reward for trying is to be unconstitutionally disarmed.
    Advising people to ignore the law and commit a felony is not a good idea. It's a bad law (as are many), but break it at your own (significant) risk...

720 ILCS 5/24-1.6
    (a) A person commits the offense of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon when he or she knowingly:
    (1) Carries on or about his or her person or in any vehicle or concealed on or about his or her person except when on his or her land or in his or her abode, legal dwelling, or fixed place of business, or on the land or in the legal dwelling of another person as an invitee with that person's permission, any pistol, revolver, stun gun or taser or other firearm; or
    (3) One of the following factors is present:
    (A) the firearm, other than a pistol, revolver, or handgun, possessed was uncased, loaded, and immediately accessible at the time of the offense; or
    (d) Sentence.
    (1) Aggravated unlawful use of a weapon is a Class 4 felony;

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As the rodent suggested, while what they dont know wont hurth them, sometimes they find out unexpectedly.

I knew a guy who had that attitude. And it worked for him until something happened to summon LEO into his home. When that happened, suddenly what they NOW know did hurt. A LOT.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Advising people to ignore the law and commit a felony is not a good idea. It's a bad law (as are many), but break it at your own (significant) risk...

720 ILCS 5/24-1.6
    (a) A person commits the offense of aggravated unlawful use of a weapon when he or she knowingly:
    (1) Carries on or about his or her person or in any vehicle or concealed on or about his or her person except when on his or her land or in his or her abode, legal dwelling, or fixed place of business, or on the land or in the legal dwelling of another person as an invitee with that person's permission, any pistol, revolver, stun gun or taser or other firearm; or
    (3) One of the following factors is present:
    (A) the firearm, other than a pistol, revolver, or handgun, possessed was uncased, loaded, and immediately accessible at the time of the offense; or
    (d) Sentence.
    (1) Aggravated unlawful use of a weapon is a Class 4 felony;
    Wow, you cannot even have a tazer..guess that state doesn't allow any self-defense tools. I suppose there are knife do not carry in there somewhere too.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    FOID card doesn't allow one to carry in Illinois.

Non-Residents can theoretically get an Illinois Concealed Carry License....but it's ain't easy...and not going to happen is you are a resident of Indiana.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Wow, you cannot even have a tazer..guess that state doesn't allow any self-defense tools. I suppose there are knife do not carry in there somewhere too.
    Up until recently (and possibly still now) IN required a LTCH to carry a taser or an "electronic stun weapon".

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Years ago the Illinois state police had a list of ways to protect yourself, this was before they got CCW and geared more toward women. It listed using a pen, nail file or a key to stab the attacker. But the best one was to help women prevent rape by gagging themselves and puking on themselves to make them less desirable for sex. Yes it was true, even I can't make up stuff like that. Jim.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Years ago the Illinois state police had a list of ways to protect yourself, this was before they got CCW and geared more toward women. It listed using a pen, nail file or a key to stab the attacker. But the best one was to help women prevent rape by gagging themselves and puking on themselves to make them less desirable for sex. Yes it was true, even I can't make up stuff like that. Jim.
    Wasn't that DC?

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

I remember that on the Illinois State Police website. We made signs out of it and used them at IGOLD whey lobbying the legislature.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I work in Illinois and live in Indiana. I live 7 houses from the state line. I decided to try to get a foid card so I can legally carry in Illinois as I work in a really, really bad neighborhood. I am finding out that Illinois does not have a way for a non resident of the state to legally carry. I thought the second amendment was a nationally relevant document. It seems that other states do this as well. How is this legal? I thought I had a RIGHT to carry in this entire country. I can stomach having to jump through ridiculous hoops, and having absurd limitations to what I can carry. I cannot swallow not being able to exercise my right under any circumstances. I feel like there is an opportunity for a class action lawsuit or something similar here.

End Rant.
    Challenge the survey that laid down the state line?

Laugh, but that actually has happened.. where someone figured out the surveyor screwed up however long ago.

Top Bottom