• Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Purchaed from our very own Edged Tools.

I'm not a hard user of knives at all. Especially folders. And especially auto folders. But to me - this seems like a folding bushcrafting-shaped knife. But it's definitely not beefy enough to really utilize it as such - even though I think the blade shape is definitely evocative of such things.

I think it's great looking. Right on the edge of being considered a "gentleman's knife", but I suppose that all depends on the man. Definitely more dressy than the Launch 13 or Scallywag Tactical Privateer that I'm also fond of carrying.

It's also quite lightweight for it's size. Not at all noticeable in the pocket - unlike the above-mentioned Privateer (which are fantastic knives, by the way)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      408.8 KB · Views: 25
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      360.1 KB · Views: 22
    • 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      375.2 KB · Views: 22
    • 4.jpg
      4.jpg
      323.1 KB · Views: 26
    • 5.jpg
      5.jpg
      325.7 KB · Views: 26

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I’ve got a launch 2, a launch 13 and a breakout in my daily rotation (the breakout was highly underrated and it was a damn shame they discontinued it!)

One year I bought my dad a od green launch 2 for Christmas, after he passed I found it still in the box, I don’t think he ever carried it, and now it’s in my safe, when I pass it’ll go to one of my daughters, and the other will get my blue one.

In my opinion Kershaw makes some of the best automatic knives out there! And they damn sure can’t be beaten for the price!

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I’ve got a launch 2, a launch 13 and a breakout in my daily rotation (the breakout was highly underrated and it was a damn shame they discontinued it!)

One year I bought my dad a od green launch 2 for Christmas, after he passed I found it still in the box, I don’t think he ever carried it, and now it’s in my safe, when I pass it’ll go to one of my daughters, and the other will get my blue one.

In my opinion Kershaw makes some of the best automatic knives out there! And they damn sure can’t be beaten for the price!
    I have a 1, a 4, a 6, an 8, an 11, a 13, and now a 15.

At various times in the past, I've carried the 1, 6, 8, and 13 as EDC knives. (As well has several others)

I jumped on buying the 11 because I was confused and thought it was the 13. *sigh*

I don't know all the players in the OTS auto game - but I've been a fan of Kershaw's knives for a long long time. I also would agree that their offerings are amongst the "best" in the auto game. I'm not sure that's hard to do, though. Out of the total # of manufacturers that make knives, the % that make autos is considerably smaller. And those that make decent quality autos is even smaller than that.

They're definitely hard to beat for blade material and price, though. Plus USA-made. I don't think I'd be getting anything other than the brand and a lighter wallet if I were to buy a Benchmade OTS.

I HOPE Kershaw's new OTF does really well. Not 100% sure that I want one - but I may as well. hah

Top Bottom