• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • winchester4440

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2021
    Evansville, IN
    For me, its the ex Southern Railroad line across Indiana (Now Norfolk Southern)... runs along the general area of IN route 64
    Yeah, Princeton, Oakland City (Gibson and Pike counties) area. I’m still waiting for the Sugar Ridge DNR rifle range to complete their handgun range, which they’ve been working on for a couple months I think.

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    Wait, I thought once you got south of 70 the accents changed and you had to say things like “warsh ma’ knickers”
    Yeah culturally I-70 is the Mason Dixon line. Anyone from north of that highway is definetly a Yankee.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    **I suspect walking 3 miles and being 2+ hours late for lunch had a bit to do with how good it tasted.

Yes to that. Yoho is fine, but nothing special. It's more enjoyable for the nostalgia / history than for the food being anything exceptional. But it's a cool place to visit.

And Solsberry is certainly "Southern Indiana". It's in the bottom 3rd of the state. I live a few min away, and that's certainly how I describe my location to anyone from other states...

Mikey1911

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 14, 2014
    Newburgh
    For me, its the ex Southern Railroad line across Indiana (Now Norfolk Southern)... runs along the general area of IN route 64
    Dialect may change a little with each east-west rail line you cross. No opinions about the north-south lines like ex-C&EI (CSX) or Monon (abandoned).

You have your choice (among others) of:

ex-SOU (NS) through Princeton (Louisville-St. Louis)
    ex-B&O (CSX) through Vincennes, Washington, Mitchell, and Seymour (Cincinnati-St. Louis)
    ex-PRR Richmond-Indianapolis-Brazil-Terre Haute (abandoned "Panhandle" route Pittsburgh-St. Louis/Chicago)
    ex-NYC (CSX) Union City-Indianapolis-Avon-Terre Haute (switches to ex-PRR Vandalia RR to cross Illinois west of TH)
    ex-Erie Decatur-Chicago (abandoned)
    ex-Wabash (NS) Detroit-Fort Wayne-Lafayette-St. Louis-Kansas City
    ex-Nickel Plate (NS) Fort Wayne-Chicago
    ex-PRR (CFE) Fort Wayne-Chicago
    ex-NYC (NS) South Bend-Chicago
    ex-GT (CN) Grainger-Chicago
    ex-C&O (CSX)
    ex-NYC (NS) Michigan City-Porter

Interactive Google Map:

Top Bottom