• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 9lock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Classified
    We there you go! Our tax dollars at work, the school system in my area takes 95% of my taxes and my kid comes home brainwashed and gets defensive if I speak of anything that remotely sounds like it might be "political". Thanks to the "No Child Left Brainless" law, The recruiters love it because it grants them access to solicit your kids on school property, Oh sure you can sign a waiver and not to allow your childs info to get to them, but by doing so your child gets punished because they will also withhold the info from "legit" schools that over scholarships.

O2guy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    MSG2
    What a message this is to me and how I fail to educate people everyday on the true freedoms of America, and how our rights aren't given us by the government but by our creator. What a statesman he was. So eloquent in his delivery and straight forward in message. :yesway:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Thank you, Mr. Heston.

I have had many people compliment my modest abilities with words. Yes, I know he was an actor and what we just heard was scripted, but I firmly believe that Mr. Heston did not just read those words, he felt them. He knew them. That speech could have been ad-libbed and he would only have come across more forcefully, more eloquently. We shall not see his like again, but that's OK, provided we take his words to heart and put his thoughts into action. Personally, my version of that is done with a red hat on my head; I have no children of an age to be taught this, and I regret that my daughter was beyond the point of learning it from me when I learned it... but the world has in it many children, and some will listen and learn and teach others in their turn.

There is yet hope.

Thank you, j706. Good post.

Blessings,
    Bill

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    It's our job as parents to make sure those values are passed on to our children, not the school. Too many school systems only educate on the subjects they need, to keep that government money comming in.
    He is right, its the scout master, the pastors, the neighbor that are key in making sure the flame dosen't die. I join Bill and many others here on INGO, and others we only see on the firing line, in teaching the history of our country and the freedoms that we fought for so many years ago. Its time for the citizens of this country , to turn off the reality shows and get involved, teach your children, before history is completly forgotten.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    What a message this is to me and how I fail to educate people everyday on the true freedoms of America, and how our rights aren't given us by the government but by our creator. What a statesman he was. So eloquent in his delivery and straight forward in message. :yesway:

God must really love Americans. I wonder why he didn't give everyone else our rights?

We took them, plain and simple. To say God gave them to us is a giant slap in the face to the people who fought in the American revolutionary war, and to the statesmen who listened to Americans and did what was right, creating a Bill of Rights.

Those rights are gone now, and God isn't going to give them back to us. We have to take them back ourselves, again.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    It's our job as parents to make sure those values are passed on to our children, not the school. Too many school systems only educate on the subjects they need, to keep that government money comming in.
    He is right, its the scout master, the pastors, the neighbor that are key in making sure the flame dosen't die. I join Bill and many others here on INGO, and others we only see on the firing line, in teaching the history of our country and the freedoms that we fought for so many years ago. Its time for the citizens of this country , to turn off the reality shows and get involved, teach your children, before history is completly forgotten.

One might go so far as to say its our job as parents to keep our children OUT of government schools.

revsaxon

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plano, TX
    Now there was a great american, and an advocate of personal rights that has not been replaced. Seeing him talk makes me wish I had been alive during his heyday (and the time he spoke of).
    :+1: on the great video.

Top Bottom