• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    So I recently started looking at getting a list of all my guns, accessories, and ammo compiled to figure out what the total value would be in case of a theft or fire. For the most part, insurance will cover just about anything as long as I pay for a floater for going over my set limit on firearms. My question comes in on my 2 NFA items. I've got an SBR and soon to have a huntertown 22 suppressor. If something was to happen, either theft or fire, has anyone found out if insurance covers these items? Also, would I have to pay another $200 stamp to get the items replaced? Any help with these questions or anything you might want to add would be great! Thanks in advance.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Whether they're covered or not depends on your insurance carrier. They should be, if standard firearms are covered, but you should check or ask your agent to be 100% sure.

Yes, if you have to buy new suppressors to replace the damaged ones, you will have to pay a new transfer tax. I would discuss with your agent whether or not this tax would be covered as a cost of replacing the firearm. So, if it is, you would cover your Guardian for $400.00 or something like that. If not, there's no sense in paying a premium on the extra coverage for the stamp.

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    lol, you need a new agent!

I carry a $2M policy for SSNFA and it's about $1600 a year.

I'm still waiting for that insurance info, or if anyone else has info on firearm theft and/or damage insurance for that price of $100 per $100,000 of coverage speak up, I know plenty of people who want it, maybe you can get a referral fee. :patriot:

I Love Bourbon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 5, 2008

30calmachinegunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Westfield
    Insurance through the NRA would run 20,000 per year on a $2,000,000 policy, a little less then my guess but a lot more then others are saying, looks like $2000 per year for $200,000 coverage.

Need to protect your firearms? Let us help.

ArmsCare Plus Firearms Insurance

Is $2,500 enough to cover your valuable firearms and accessories? For many NRA members it is not.

ArmsCare Plus Firearms Insurance provides NRA members with protection for their legal firearms and accessories up to $1,000,000 in coverage. This gun insurance includes accessories such as scopes, rings, mounts, slings and sling swivels which are attached to the insured firearm.

You may not be aware that most homeowner's, renter's and auto policies have strict limitations on firearms, leaving serious gaps in coverage. ArmsCare Plus Firearms Insurance takes over where most homeowner's policies fall short.

With ArmsCare Plus Firearms Insurance, firearms and accessories are protected from the following:

Direct physical loss
    Damage
    Fire
    Theft (Theft from a vehicle is covered when it is the result of breaking and entering a locked vehicle or locked portion of the vehicle.)
    Gun Insurance is affordable.

Rates start at just $65 annually for $6,500 in coverage.

This insurance is proudly endorsed by the National Rifle Association and works in tandem with the $2,500 No Cost ArmsCare Firearms Insurance provided with your NRA membership. Your NRA member benefit will be automatically upgraded to full replacement cost when you buy ArmsCare Plus Firearms Insurance. (If you haven't already, activate your No Cost ArmsCare Firearms Insurance now.)

Firearms valued at $2,500 or more must be scheduled. However, serial numbers are not required.

Protect your valuable guns with ArmsCare Plus Firearms Insurance. Buy your gun insurance online today!

If you currently have a policy with us, please call a representative at (877) NRA-3006 to renew.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    My State Farm agent wanted to come see what I had before issuing a quote. I haven't met with him yet so don't even have an idea on cost.

Related question... does a good safe reduce a premium?

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    I pay $184/year for 18K in coverage through Safeco. So roughly $10/K of coverage, or 1% premium.

So $2,000,000 in coverage would cost me $20K/year, if the math holds. Don't know if it gets cheaper as you go up.

A business, like SSNFA is going to pay way less for loss coverage like this than your average homeowner.

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    We have farmers insurance. We have had them for years and all are cars are with them so that might help with the price but it's $48 and change a year for around $14000 in coverage for us

Sig

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2011
    Here is some information from my own personal experience on insuring my collection. Have been insured for some time.

When I first insured I used Collectibles Insurance Services. http://www.collectinsure.com/rates/GunCollectorRateSheet.pdf
    Don't hold me exactly to this, one issue item I recall is that there was some provision for limited use of the firearms. I could not find that just now taking a quick tour of their website. Here is their rate sheet http://www.collectinsure.com/rates/GunCollectorRateSheet.pdf

Who I use now is Eastern Insurance aka Historic Firearms. Eastern Insurance Group Historic Firearm Insurance for Personal Collections | Historic Firearms Insurance
    There is allowed use of the firearms. Published rates on the website are $0.35/$100/year.

Believe both companies provide good transportation coverage, such as going to a show or shipping to a gunsmith.

PM me with any questions

Top Bottom