• ...and so much more!
  • zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN
    I have a simple question:

Do I have to do this for each item that might fall under the requirements of an NFA?
    Meaning, if I have 2 suppressors for example, do I have to do this for each one or do you just pay once and you're done? I guess I'm still green when it comes to things like this....sorry for the noob question.

zombiehunter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    New Castle, IN

Foodman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    I have my first stamp on the way but the time from when the application goes pending to approval is now 5-6 months.

pitbull1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hey the process should me much more complicated! We can't have law abiding citizens acquiring NFA items this easily! Just wait until Dateline hears of this madness ;)

No seriously thought, the process as you described doesn't seem all that bad at all :ar15:

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Hey the process should me much more complicated! We can't have law abiding citizens acquiring NFA items this easily! Just wait until Dateline hears of this madness ;)

No seriously thought, the process as you described doesn't seem all that bad at all :ar15:
    Process isnt hard, its the wait that is painful :xmad:

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Process isnt hard, its the wait that is painful :xmad:

You can say that again. Now that we are looking at possibly 8 months of waiting, it's gotten absurd.

Maybe if the Administration changes in January, we might get a shot in getting the wait times back down, but honestly, I don't really trust either of the potential victors to do anything (other than make it worse that is).

Mithrandir

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Great report.

Thanks for the thorough write-up. I appreciate knowing as much as I can about a process before I begin. I'm interested in NFA in general, but specifically in a suppressor, though the fees make it unrealistic for a while yet.

Can someone save me the tedious search and tell me where to find info on the legalities of actually using a suppressor. Mainly, I would think you could use it at home. I can guess that CC'ing with a suppressor is way "over the line" from a legal standpoint.

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    just called to check on my form 4 item . Went pending on April 3 . Was told end of October , 1st week of november . they said it was taking a full 6 months now . The NFA calculator is telling me I should have gotten it last month .

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    just called to check on my form 4 item . Went pending on April 3 . Was told end of October , 1st week of november . they said it was taking a full 6 months now . The NFA calculator is telling me I should have gotten it last month .

Thats weird, you definitely should have had it by now.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Great thread. Thanks for starting it, Scutter. Your post has taken what seems like a daunting process and boiled it down to the essentials, with the wait being the hardest part. Kudos!

I had to chuckle when I read through the application and came to "reason for transfer." You chose to enter "All Legal Reasons." I wonder if I entered "I don't like loud noises," or "reduction of noise pollution" would raise any eyebrows? :)

familyevents

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    Greenwood
    Great thread. Thanks for starting it, Scutter. Your post has taken what seems like a daunting process and boiled it down to the essentials, with the wait being the hardest part. Kudos!

I had to chuckle when I read through the application and came to "reason for transfer." You chose to enter "All Legal Reasons." I wonder if I entered "I don't like loud noises," or "reduction of noise pollution" would raise any eyebrows? :)

Yes thanks! Made it easier to understand the process and what to expect!

Top Bottom