NFA exempt Texas manufactured suppressors.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks

HB 957 is being discussed to allow legalized Texas manufactured suppressors if kept within the state. No tax stamp and free of ATF approval. Plenty of hurdles still to cross but worth watching. Always glad to see states exercising freedom from anti 2A federal mandates and “taxes”.​

HHollow

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2012
    Montana tried this (see below). Even though the law was invalidated by the Fed's I have heard and seen that unstamped suppressors are very common in Mont. Of course the Feds will invalidate, but the state and citizenry must invalidate the invalidation. Like done with Mary Jane.

Montana Firearms Freedom Act

The (Montana) law declares that firearms manufactured in the state of Montana after October 1, 2009, and which remain in the state, are exempt from United States federal firearms regulations, provided that these items are clearly stamped "Made in Montana" on a central metallic part.

It applies to all firearms other than fully automatic weapons, firearms that cannot be carried and used by one person, and firearms with a bore diameter greater than 1½ inch which use smokeless powder. It also applies to ammunition (except exploding projectiles), and accessories such as suppressors.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I imagine the trouble would be for manufacturers that sell nationwide. If made and sold only in TX maybe it's possible :dunno:

Floivanus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 6, 2016
    La crosse
    An aspect of this law that isn’t emphasized enough is the fact that it will push a lawsuit from the state of TX to the feds over things like the Kettler case; it isn’t just a finger wag and an affront to the ATF, it’s meant to be an attack to take back a right as well

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

HB 957 is being discussed to allow legalized Texas manufactured suppressors if kept within the state. No tax stamp and free of ATF approval. Plenty of hurdles still to cross but worth watching. Always glad to see states exercising freedom from anti 2A federal mandates and “taxes”.​

Good news!

Nullification is WAY underrated (as is secession).

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    this is an interesting development. I've always thought if cities and states can declare themselves "sanctuaries" to different federal initiatives, the 2nd amendment should certainly be fair game.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Ya, good luck with that, I would not want to be the test case. I'm sure that the gov.org would find some sort of interstate nexus (metal made out of state, electricty made out of state, machine tools made out of state) and charge away. I'll pay my $200 and sleep well at night.

LostHoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Noblesville
    Ya, good luck with that, I would not want to be the test case. I'm sure that the gov.org would find some sort of interstate nexus (metal made out of state, electricty made out of state, machine tools made out of state) and charge away. I'll pay my $200 and sleep well at night.
    Enjoy bending over? Some of us would like to pull the boot off our necks to breathe in some freedom.
    Keeping this situation on my radar, reeeally hope Indiana does more stuff like Texas. Too bad our gov is garbage.

LostHoosier

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2016
    Noblesville
    Enjoy bending over? Some of us would like to pull the boot off our necks to breathe in some freedom not to mention save that money.

Keeping this situation on my radar, reeeally hope Indiana does more stuff like Texas. Too bad our gov is garbage

Top Bottom