• ...and so much more!
  • Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    I efiled in May for a Form 1 SBA using a trust.
    Email today say I was DISAPPROVED. It said to log on for further details. I logged on but could find nothing as to why I was disapproved.
    Anyone run into this and can point me in the right dirrection?

Dana

MrMunster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    I would think that if you download your application, the box for "Disapproved" would state the reason since that is in parenthesis next to the checkbox. Have you tried using the "Ask the Experts" on the eforms page?

1634774276062.png

MrMunster

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Suggest you get the forms direct from ATF. Especially since they send them out for free. https://www.atf.gov/distribution-center-order-form

If you get a *reasonable* examiner, they might work with you to complete the missing information on the FPCS. Just don't count on it.

When you get feedback, please post what was missing as it could be they've changed something since January 2021.

Last edited:

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    Have resubmitted my Form 1. I did the paper version this time. I read and confirmed if you make a mistake on the paper version, they will send the mistake back and you have 30 days to correct it. No so with the efile. Make a mistake and you have to start over.
    They have received my paperwork and charged my card the $200. Now another 9 months.

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Have resubmitted my Form 1. I did the paper version this time. I read and confirmed if you make a mistake on the paper version, they will send the mistake back and you have 30 days to correct it. No so with the efile. Make a mistake and you have to start over.
    They have received my paperwork and charged my card the $200. Now another 9 months.
    You realize waiting 30 days, being disapproved, resubmitting, waiting another 30 days, and being approved is still less time than 9-12 months right?
    If the only issue was your fingerprint cards that's an easy enough fix. Follow the FBI's instructions on how to code the card, sign it, and ensure the ORI is correct.

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    You realize waiting 30 days, being disapproved, resubmitting, waiting another 30 days, and being approved is still less time than 9-12 months right?
    If the only issue was your fingerprint cards that's an easy enough fix. Follow the FBI's instructions on how to code the card, sign it, and ensure the ORI is correct.
    Well I efiled my first attempt. After 8 months it was disapproved. Didn’t completely fill out one fingerprint card. Since I efiled I did not get a chance to correct the mistake.
    Just disapproved. Started over with the paper version. I used the National Gun Trust site to fill out the forms. Hopefully I didn’t screw up anything. I guess I’ll find out in 9 months.

Last edited:

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    On a positive note, my Form 4 for a Silencer Central Banish 45 was finally approved. Only took 11 months 4 days. Silencer Central filed all the paper work and set up my trust.

TheGhostRider

Watching from a distance…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I was in my LGS Thursday picking up some sweet new glass for my boom stick... Bud of mine said that NICS is delaying 8 of 10 purchases for firearm sales. He had a stack of 4473s that were on the delay/wait list... a BIG stack. I know this isn't apples to apples for your situation but I would guess things are not going to get better with regard to firearms or NFA purchases anytime soon. I was chatting with him about a suppressor purchase and he was pretty bummed about the direction things are pointing. He said that they're "finding" mistakes where ever they can. Hopefully the midterms will help... I'm not optimistic. YMMV

Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    I always wonder if all the waiting, money and aggregation was worth it. The minute that they make it illegal, they know right where it is at and can come and get it. Dunno, don't think it's worth all that, just saying.

amafrank

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Hagerstown
    In reality the paperforms are frequently kicked back as denied and you can't fix anything with them too. They are supposed to send the forms back to allow you to fix any mistakes but the examiners seem to be denying the forms more than sending them back anymore. You may be better off with the efile in the end....

Frank

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    In reality the paperforms are frequently kicked back as denied and you can't fix anything with them too. They are supposed to send the forms back to allow you to fix any mistakes but the examiners seem to be denying the forms more than sending them back anymore. You may be better off with the efile in the end....

Frank
    Frank, that is interesting. I spoke with the NFA about my efile disapproval. I asked why they couldn’t send the fingerprint cards back. Was told that only happens with paper. I don’t understand why the difference.
    The only positive was my $200 was immediately refunded.

Paper filed this time. I’ll see what happens.

Dstewart73

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2019
    Indy
    Amazing. Received my tax stamp for my MPX sbr today. 2 months and 16 days from when I mailed in the form.
    I’m one happy camper!

Top Bottom