• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mainjet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Lowell
    My son is 18 and has his lifetime LTCH.:yesway: I bought him a M&P9c which we picked up about a 2 weeks ago but because of my parents being sick we have not been out to shoot it yet.

Today he called me at work and said that it was pretty nice out today so he was wanting to take it down to the range and try it out. This will be his first time at the range by himself. he has been there many times with me but not alone. He knows all the rules so I feel comfortable with him being down there by himself. He also is a very responsible young man.

He doesn't yet carry because I feel that he needs to read and learn a whole lot more before he really takes the responsibility to carry it for personal protection. I am hoping to get him into a training class this summer and maybe do some informal testing of his knowledge of what he can and cannot do while armed. I would like to take these classe with him because there are lots of things to learn and what better way than to share that time with your son.

Yes, he did carry it to the range today but really just for target practice. So this will also be his first time out with it on his own. But again, because of the type of man that he is, I have that confidence. There are others that I would not trust in this way.

Anyway, just wanted to share the feeling of seeing the next generation getting started enjoying shooting on thier own.:D

It's like getting your first car and taking it out by yourself. No one there saying "turn here", "do this", "do that" - Just a time to do it the way you want to do it.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    My son is 18 and has his lifetime LTCH.:yesway: I bought him a M&P9c which we picked up about a 2 weeks ago but because of my parents being sick we have not been out to shoot it yet.

Today he called me at work and said that it was pretty nice out today so he was wanting to take it down to the range and try it out. This will be his first time at the range by himself. he has been there many times with me but not alone. He knows all the rules so I feel comfortable with him being down there by himself. He also is a very responsible young man.

He doesn't yet carry because I feel that he needs to read and learn a whole lot more before he really takes the responsibility to carry it for personal protection. I am hoping to get him into a training class this summer and maybe do some informal testing of his knowledge of what he can and cannot do while armed. I would like to take these classe with him because there are lots of things to learn and what better way than to share that time with your son.

Yes, he did carry it to the range today but really just for target practice. So this will also be his first time out with it on his own. But again, because of the type of man that he is, I have that confidence. There are others that I would not trust in this way.

Anyway, just wanted to share the feeling of seeing the next generation getting started enjoying shooting on thier own.:D

It's like getting your first car and taking it out by yourself. No one there saying "turn here", "do this", "do that" - Just a time to do it the way you want to do it.

Good job, Dad!

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I remember my first time carrying...as I headed out the door, all dad said was "Don't be an idiot." He knew he'd trained me well. Love that Indiana allows the permit at 18, too.

Good work dad!

Bane_FTW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Wabash County
    Great! Not too long ago my father gave me a .22 handgun and a .22 rifle that had been in the family. It wasn't anything new, but it sure felt good when he handed them to me. :)

Top Bottom