• Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I do welcome this decision.

I am somewhat mixed on the issue of gun control. Not in guns themselves, but I can support some very reasonable and limited Red Flag style laws - in theory.

However, part of me also doesn't want these as I know that whatever you, I and other gun owners might see as "reasonable" today will be twisted and expanded tomorrow. So - No.

Do I believe gun owners should go through regular safety training? Yes. Do I believe it should be legally required? - No. Hell no.

Heck, I even believe in giving people a simple test to vote.

Example(s):

Name three (3) current supreme court justices.

Name your current Governor.

Name two (2) branches of federal government.

Name the current vice president of the United states.

Name one (1) state (not federal) current senator from your state.

If someone can't get three (3) out of five (5) they shouldn't be allowed to vote! Heck, I'd even give them time to study and I know a percentage wouldn't pass.

But that's not the way it works. Someone may be completely clueless about the operation of their government and yet have a balanced insight into each candidates character. Who knows?

So the idea of limiting our rights may seem reasonable but the act of doing so grants too much power to the state.

Now we need to work on the GCA and the NFA...

Regards,

Doug

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I thought Abe Lincoln was the man attributed the quote, "...now come enforce it."...
    Andy Jackson, allegedly said that...

...Jackson allegedly defied the Supreme Court over Worcester v. Georgia (1832), announcing, “John Marshall has made his decision now let him enforce it.” The case revolved around Georgia’s attempt to apply state laws to Cherokee lands. The Court had ruled against Georgia’s authority to do so and Jackson, dedicated to Indian removal, allegedly challenged Marshall. Although there is little evidence to support the above quotation, it certainly sounds like Jackson. Nonetheless, the case required nothing of Jackson and was ultimately settled out of court. The fact remained, however, that in this case and in McCulloch v. Maryland (1819), when it was ruled that the Bank of the United States was in fact constitutional, Jackson challenged the Court’s authority as the final arbiter. As president, Jackson believed that his authority to deem what was constitutional equaled the Supreme Court’s...

Andrew Jackson and the Constitution

Karl-just-Karl

Retired
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2014
    NE
    David Muir and the writer's of the propaganda on ABC news were linking the "Wild West" and asking if we can imagine what it might be like if everyone on the subway was carrying a gun. I thought to myself, I bet it would be pretty peaceful and respectful.

I'm certain that's not what they were going for.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    David Muir and the writer's of the propaganda on ABC news were linking the "Wild West" and asking if we can imagine what it might be like if everyone on the subway was carrying a gun. I thought to myself, I bet it would be pretty peaceful and respectful.

Yes of course, naturally everyone will start whipping out their guns and get into gunfights.

I have a right now to get into a gunfight! :draw:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

They are incapable of any real analysis. They have one play: "wild west, blood in the streets" and they just run it over and over, no matter how many times it turns out not to be true.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN

Or it would be like the movie Open Range.....At least if the muggers, rapists and thugs started up there would be blood...I see nothing wrong with self defense by the new cowboys that just ain't going to look the other way anymore.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    They are incapable of any real analysis. They have one play: "wild west, blood in the streets" and they just run it over and over, no matter how many times it turns out not to be true.
    It doesn't take any analysis. It's already been done. The stats for how often concealed carry permit holders commit crimes are easily knowable. They just don't like the numbers. So they resort fudging the numbers...

The New York Times’ Bogus Crime Data about Concealed-Handgun Permit Holders

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    The Supreme Court can only do so much, if NYC ever does change anything i'm sure it'll be quite onerous to get a 'permit'. In the end it'll probably be about as useless as having one in Chicago where you can't carry on all forms of mass transit.
    Gee, that sounds like a disparate impact lawsuit that is just waiting to happen. I gotta think that disproportionately affects the 2A civil rights of PoC.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    All while mostly ignoring the actual "wild west, blood in the streets" that has been occurring in Soros-backed DA/prosecutor areas.

I mean when progressive DAs are too whackadoo for San Francisco, and get recalled, that's saying something.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    The Supreme Court can only do so much, if NYC ever does change anything i'm sure it'll be quite onerous to get a 'permit'. In the end it'll probably be about as useless as having one in Chicago where you can't carry on all forms of mass transit.
    Don't forget signs carry weight of law there and a LOT of buildings had signs up the day the law went into effect.

You also cannot carry at a large event.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This was the right decision. What other right do you have to show proof that you have a need for? They can't restrict your rights because THEY determine that you don't have a sufficient need to exercise those Constitutional rights. It's as simple as that.

Top Bottom