NEW Xenforo SOFTWARE - BUG REPORT THREAD

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sep 27, 2010
NWI
I hate to be the one to ask, but is there any way that yoy can add a :noway: noway option.

whatwehavehere

Plinker
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Feb 12, 2017
Indiana
Still, unread and read posts display the same. After opening a post and going back to the thread listing in a forum, that read post has the same font, type, boldness... as those that haven't been opened, with no indication of it having been read. That's after reloading the page as well. This is occurring using Microsoft Edge browser for Android.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sep 27, 2010
NWI
It would be nice if, when you go to WHAT'S NEW it would display the full page and allow you to navigate to the next page.

Right now you have to show more and then it sends you back to the top of the page.

marvin02

Don't Panic
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Jun 20, 2019
Calumet Twp.
It would be nice if, when you go to WHAT'S NEW it would display the full page and allow you to navigate to the next page.

Right now you have to show more and then it sends you back to the top of the page.
Try using "New posts" instead. See pics, they show two ways to access "New posts". I find it a much better listing.

Edit: I believe you can use this link and bookmark it so yo start in that view when you come to the site:

Attachments

• Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 4

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sep 27, 2010
NWI
So, scroll all the way to the top to get to new.

As I said it would be nice if WHAT'S NEW would show a full page.

whatwehavehere

Plinker
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Feb 12, 2017
Indiana
Well... it's a phone.
Well... this is a software bug report thread. Since the read and unread posts were easily distinguishable on the previous software with "a phone"--the same one in fact--and the 'mark read' function exists on this software, as it did on the last, yet marking read or reading changes nothing and makes no mark, it seems to me that this would be such a software bug.

marvin02

Don't Panic
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Jun 20, 2019
Calumet Twp.
So, scroll all the way to the top to get to new.

As I said it would be nice if WHAT'S NEW would show a full page.
No extra scrolling involved.

If you use "What's new" you get a list 10 threads with new posts and the"view more" link at the bottom

If you use "New Posts" you get a list 20 threads with posts and it's paginated with next and previous links at the bottom (and top) of the list.

Both are sorted with threads with the newest posts at the top.

Both links are in the same banner when you load the forums homepage.

The link I listed in my previous post can be bookmarked so that you can start in the "New posts" view when viewing the forums.

BTW, once you hit the "view more" link at the bottom of the "What's new" page your view switches to the "New posts" view. You could just start there and save a click.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
Staff member
Administrator
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
177   0   0
Dec 7, 2011
Speedway area
Well... this is a software bug report thread. Since the read and unread posts were easily distinguishable on the previous software with "a phone"--the same one in fact--and the 'mark read' function exists on this software, as it did on the last, yet marking read or reading changes nothing and makes no mark, it seems to me that this would be such a software bug.
I believe Tex is addressing this. He does review this thread.

1st I want to openly thank marvin02 for his knowledgeable help in this transition.

2nd....so what its a phone. Cut the snark people. We want Ingo to run on most any device but if you have a flip phone I am out OK....:):

Jaybird1980

Expert
Site Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 22, 2016
NWI
Actually the emojis don't work on my phone.
My apologies if this has already been reported

Disregard, i restarted my phone and now they work.
must have been something on my end.

jamil

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jul 17, 2011
Gtown-ish
No extra scrolling involved.

If you use "What's new" you get a list 10 threads with new posts and the"view more" link at the bottom

If you use "New Posts" you get a list 20 threads with posts and it's paginated with next and previous links at the bottom (and top) of the list.

Both are sorted with threads with the newest posts at the top.

Both links are in the same banner when you load the forums homepage.

The link I listed in my previous post can be bookmarked so that you can start in the "New posts" view when viewing the forums.

BTW, once you hit the "view more" link at the bottom of the "What's new" page your view switches to the "New posts" view. You could just start there and save a click.
Also, the bell shows up next to each thread. That indicates that there are unread posts in a thread you've subscribed to. So in a typical INGO session, I typically hit those first to catch up with conversations I'm involved in, then I go back to the top of the list and browse through the other threads with the latest posts.

SheepDog4Life

Expert
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
May 14, 2016
SW IN
Any chance the "Become a Site Supporter" ad can be suppressed for site supporters? So that "Latest Posts" will be at the top?

A very small nit, but yes, I am actually that lazy that I think of this everytime I scroll down for new posts! :lol2:

And, kudos on the change... liking it more and more every day. Especially like that insert image on the new site works as it should, uploaded images can be directly added fullsize to text, and might be able to do away with Imgur now before it goes full PhotoBucket.

ETA: Love, love, love the new notification that my post has been quoted and have "tuned" my notification filter accordingly.

Last edited:
Top Bottom