• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    What are tang sights?
    Really old tech, they mount on the rifle tang and flip up, putting a peep sight right at your eye. Improves focus on the front sight dramatically and give you a ring to center it with.

The bottom rifle has a large disc version, it's about 100 years old. All three of these rifles are chambered in 32 Winchester Special. winchester32ws.jpg

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Really old tech, they mount on the rifle tang and flip up, putting a peep sight right at your eye. Improves focus on the front sight dramatically and give you a ring to center it with.

The bottom rifle has a large disc version, it's about 100 years old. All three of these rifles are chambered in 32 Winchester Special. View attachment 176338
    Wow. Congratulations! Those are gorgeous rifles!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    This right here ^^^^^^^^^^^^ might be the ticket for me. Especially since for my AE, it won`t require any drilling

It may require changing or filing the front sight....neither of which is a big deal.

The peeps also allow for changing the aperture. I usually sight with a small one for more accuracy, but often change to a larger one for low light and relatively short distances typical of Indiana deer hunting.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    I just wish I could find a decent priced 30-30!

Rifle: meh, possible.

Ammo:

laughing-too-funny.gif

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    It may require changing or filing the front sight....neither of which is a big deal.

The peeps also allow for changing the aperture. I usually sight with a small one for more accuracy, but often change to a larger one for low light and relatively short distances typical of Indiana deer hunting.

FYI: Skinner has a "Guide Gun" set with taller front post included. Every time I've ordered from them (a front sight), they send a small bottle of cold blue for them after you file to needed height.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I had a tube type on a Marlin 44 magnum before. It was fast and accurate in good light, however the lenses in those don’t transmit light well and I went back to open sights after not being able to see deer through the red dot during the first and last hour of daylight.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county

did you have to remove the original rear sight?

Top Bottom