• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    i have used the sparc, strickfire 2 and the sparc ar no complaints except battery life on the sparc and strickfire have not had much of a chance to test the battery life on the on  the sparc ar .... most of what i have heard on the 1-6 and the 1-8 razor has NOT been great.. have you had a chance to check out the 1-10 and what is the price?? i did talk to someone at vortex and he said a group in the military had been using it..

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i have used the sparc, strickfire 2 and the sparc ar no complaints except battery life on the sparc and strickfire have not had much of a chance to test the battery life on the on  the sparc ar .... most of what i have heard on the 1-6 and the 1-8 razor has NOT been great.. have you had a chance to check out the 1-10 and what is the price?? i did talk to someone at vortex and he said a group in the military had been using it..

I have briefly messed with it but not throughly.

There is no razor 1-8.

What have you heard bad about the razor 1-6? I've sold thousands, and never heard a complaint. It's pretty rare to even find one on the net where folks complain about everything.

Billythekid

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2020
    Indianapolis
    correction on my part it is the Strike eagle not the razor they look similar again i got the two confused... what is the price on the razor 1-10??
    Sorry!!!

nad63

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    There’s a big difference in cost between the two. The Razor is about five-six times the cost of the StrikeEagle.
    The StrikeEagle is a lower cost, not cheap, scope and comes with a low price point for what you get. I picked up a 1-6 when they first came out as I didn’t want to drop big$ as I wasn’t sure of what I ‘needed’ or how much I’d really use it. The StrikeEagle has worked great from CQB to hits at 600 yards using the BDC.
    Fast forward a couple of years and I picked up the Razor 1-6. Glass is better and I wanted a finer/different reticule this time. It was worth the extra $ to me as I got a refurbished one from A&A Optics and basically paid half price. The glass clarity and thinner/finer reticule allows me a more precise target picture which is what I was after. I’ve yet to take the Razor out past 400 yards but it does provide a more clear, crisp view. The damn thing is HEAVY though at 2LB’s but feels like a tank (not that I thought the SE was wimpy but this is worth mentioning). The zoom lever is also stiffer to adjust on mine.
    In your OP you were talking about 1-6, 1-8 and 1-10 magnification. I’d say determine what you need first. Remember there’s always a trade off somewhere whether it’s weight,cost, size, clarity, durability.....
    My choice/decision was based on wanting a LPVO.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    correction on my part it is the Strike eagle not the razor they look similar again i got the two confused... what is the price on the razor 1-10??
    Sorry!!!

Thank makes sense. You do hear complaints about the strike eagle, most of the complaint's are "I like my razor/VX6/Trijicon a lot better" Honestly my answer to these complaint's is "NO ____, your comparing a 300 dollar option to a 1400 dollar option".

The new Razor will start leaving Vortex in April, and will run 2k. As always, we will be the first in the US to get inventory, so if interested place your pre order here.

https://aaoptics.com/RAZOR®-HD-GEN-III-1-10X24-FFP-MOA_p_705.html

https://aaoptics.com/RAZOR®-HD-GEN-III-1-10X24-FFP-MRAD_p_706.html

Top Bottom