• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    So it seems like I can't really go wrong with either the zpap or milled arsenal. I'm really going to look into a gen 2 ACE though. That really intrigues me especially for suppressing. Thanks INGO, you never fail!

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    So it seems like I can't really go wrong with either the zpap or milled arsenal. I'm really going to look into a gen 2 ACE though. That really intrigues me especially for suppressing. Thanks INGO, you never fail!

All good choices.

If you're still in Noblesville, we're not that far from one another. Free time is quite limited for me these days, but if you're not in a giant rush to buy something I do have all of the guns you've mentioned - if you have a good place to shoot I'd be happy to plan a meet-up together and let you try everything out.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 7, 2022
    Kosciusko county
    I’m thinking about getting either a WASR or a decent PSA. I’ve been wanting a decent 762 ak for over a decade, and can finally buy one due to no longer living in the people’s republic of Maryland.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I've only ever owned WASRs back when they were $400 all day and currently own a PSA GF3. The PSA seems better built. I dunno if the quality on WASRs has improved but the quality was wildly variable. Even the best one was a little wobbly and the worst one had canted sights and sounded like a bucket of bolts shaking every time it was moved. My greatest regret is not snatching up a bunch of the Norincos when they were not much more than the WASRs.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I

remember buying in Maryland a long time ago for $525 but sold it a few years back.
    I got mine a few years ago (now I can't remember where, but I think either PSA or J&G Sales maybe) for $399.99. Several places had them for right around that much at the time. Ordered the stock set from Zahal. Now that I think about it, I believe it was PSA that I got the rifle from. I remember because the stock set came from Israel to me faster than the rifle came from South Carolina. :):

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Late to the party I see, but I was going to ask if you'd considered a VZ-2008. Like everything else though, they're not as cheap as they once were.

Mine (before):

View attachment 209466

And as it is now:

View attachment 209467
    I've always wanted a VZ. And maybe someday I'll add one to the safe. I really wanted something I could easily put my thermal on so that's why I went with the galil.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I've always wanted a VZ. And maybe someday I'll add one to the safe. I really wanted something I could easily put my thermal on so that's why I went with the galil.
    The Zahal stock set would let you do that. But with the optic and stock set, my $400 rifle quickly turned into an $800 rifle. :): And that original folding stock was a bitch to get off. It's on there with red loctite or something similar. Took a blowtorch to heat it enough to get it to come off.

ETA: I think the Galil was an excellent choice! I wouldn't mind having one too, but they've gone beyond the price that I'm willing to pay.

MatthewH

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2022
    Pendelton Indiana
    Hey all kind of an odd question. I am more interested in 762 caliber. But I'm unfamiliar with AK platform and probably won't be until I just break down and buy one. So what's everyone's views on ARs chambered in 762? I've heard bad things but seen some great videos & builds "allegedly"

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    AK is best with 7.62 to me. Best if imported from communist state run arsenal. Want an american AK ruger made the mini 30. ( imagine this said with Russian accent.)

I have two both made in 1985. Wasr-10 and polytech folder.

I have put the polytech thru hell and back. It was 259 two mags and the drum with a case of ammo before the soldier of fortune magazine article was written. It rode shotgun in a ford ranger for years behind the seat. if I knew what prices they now bring I would have kept in the the safe.

the wasr-10 is not what the polytech is but it wears a red dot and has taken a deer. nothing wrong with wasr-10. ohhh one thing the wasr-10 does not like Pmags. The poly will run them.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    @MatthewH have you looked at the KS-47 lineup from PSA? Palmetto dealt with a lot of the 7.62x39 AR mag issues by building a hybrid gun that takes legit AK mags. I'm not an AR guy and I don't have a KS-47, but I think I'd trust one of these more than an AR chambered in x39. Plus, those x39 AR mags look fugly as hell IMO.

If you go this route, bonus points if you do eventually join the AK club, as you'll already have compatible ammo and mags.

Or, go big and snag a Galil ACE.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Hey all kind of an odd question. I am more interested in 762 caliber. But I'm unfamiliar with AK platform and probably won't be until I just break down and buy one. So what's everyone's views on ARs chambered in 762? I've heard bad things but seen some great videos & builds "allegedly"
    I have one and it runs ok with downloaded mags. IMO, the mags are the biggest issue. If I wanted one for anything more serious than a range toy, I would only use a lower that took AK mags.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    My AK-47 was built from a Romanian kit in early 2000's and it is a fine build. Not a ghost type because I bought a formed and serialized receiver. I have never had a problem with mags, all I use are eastern comm-block made of steel. YMMV this is just my personal experience. Jim.

Top Bottom