• ...and so much more!
  • marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I just want the "competition barrel". Hopefully made with better machining than the originals.

Edit: but it won't fit existing models. The red dot mount is on the barrel, with an open slide top and the barrel is 5 inches compared to the originals 4 inches.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I just want the "competition barrel". Hopefully made with better machining than the originals.

Edit: but it won't fit existing models. The red dot mount is on the barrel, with an open slide top and the barrel is 5 inches compared to the originals 4 inches.
    As popular as they are getting I think you'll see some aftermarket barrels for them soon.

Drboiler

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2020
    Evansville
    They are cool (Tx22 platform). Our local academy had a tx22 that I picked up. I did not have the barrel issues. It shoots great. Thinking I could get the competition for fun plinking and the other for general housekeeping.
    Once ammo is freely in mass quantities I might upgrade for some for an extra gun and for our kids.

not sure if taurus paid a lots of $$ to get the Tx22 as 2019 gun of the year, but it does evolve the .22 handgun space. The gun is extremely light weight too.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    I have one with a laser that I teach students with and one with an optic that I use for my own training. IMHO the best 22 on the market at the moment. I have at least 2500 rounds through the pair without a hitch.
    If you have an early model with a problem barrel Taurus will replace it free, just call them and request one.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have one with a laser that I teach students with and one with an optic that I use for my own training. IMHO the best 22 on the market at the moment. I have at least 2500 rounds through the pair without a hitch.
    If you have an early model with a problem barrel Taurus will replace it free, just call them and request one.
    Is there a serial number group for the ones that have the bad barrels?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Is there a serial number group for the ones that have the bad barrels?
    One of mine is in the 3000 range and the other is in the 30000 range. Guns being sold now are in the 300,000 range. One was pretty bad and the other not as noticeable but they sent replacement barrels for both. Just have the ser # ready when you call them.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Chance to win a free one here.

Top Bottom