• ...and so much more!
  • indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Is there a synopsis anywhere describing the similarities/difference between the many families & series of rifle scopes?

The sheer number of choices is daunting to say the least, it would take me at least an hour to figure out which one(s) to consider. The 1-4x Viper PST I've had for years has served me well, but I'm wondering what I should be looking at for higher magnification options for my next scope for longer ranges.

When you sold me the PST you recommended the SFP option, but it seems the new trend is towards FFP. Personally I like that the SFP keeps the reticle size the same throughout magnification, what advantage would FFP give me?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Is there a synopsis anywhere describing the similarities/difference between the many families & series of rifle scopes?

The sheer number of choices is daunting to say the least, it would take me at least an hour to figure out which one(s) to consider. The 1-4x Viper PST I've had for years has served me well, but I'm wondering what I should be looking at for higher magnification options for my next scope for longer ranges.

When you sold me the PST you recommended the SFP option, but it seems the new trend is towards FFP. Personally I like that the SFP keeps the reticle size the same throughout magnification, what advantage would FFP give me?

Back in the 1-4 days I recommend sfp on low zoom because we didn't really have good reticle options.

Today on LPVO you can go either way, but I don't feel FFP is required.

On high power scopes I've always recommended FFP. It allows you to take measurements, for ranging, or holdover on any zoom without doing math to calculate actual value.

There is no synopsis that I'm aware of. Most folks just email/call with purpose and price range, and I save them the labor.

Top Bottom