New primer manufacturer opening in Texas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Guns&engines

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2021
    This may be old news, but I just saw this article this morning. Says they plan to specialize in primers! It's about time someone stepped up!

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    Good news. I hope they sell significantly to the reloading market. Even if they supply only ammo producers, it should ease pressure so that the current CCI/Fed/Win can supply more to us.

The article said they hope to be in production early this year, but they are still trying to recruit/hire workers. I hope they get up and running soon enough to take advantage of the current vacuum and get a solid start!

guardman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I hope the interest in reloading stays at current highs, and we in turn get a bigger market of reloading supplies. If every shooter was a reloader there would be a lot more options on the shelves for us, and there would be even more manufacturers of niche bullets/powders, I don’t see primers being a very profitable business honestly, when you consider the resources that go into them (material, human, and logistics)

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    So Jason (whateverhislastnameis) can go online and fuss about all the hate mail he gets. :n00b:

Its to bad S&B is not kicking out primers anymore. They could have been making a fortune. I miss the good 'ol days of $19.99 a brick. :(

I am working on my last 2k of their SRP's, I wish I had bought a truckload.

Still have several thousand of their SPP's

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    When Winchester primers went from $10.99 a brick to $12.99 a brick all at once. We were ticked off about "corporate greed", and started using more CCI primers. Today we would buy a pallet load at $13.99 a brick and feel we are stealing them.

Like a new Cadillac Coupe de'Ville went up $7800 and we didn't know anyone who had that kind of money.

Even though it is different times, our dollar has been losing purchase power by the day.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I just wonder why the prices in Canada are the normal price we used to get? There seem to be plenty of supply there, but they won't ship to the US and we can't go and get them and bring them back.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Indyblue: It is sorta kinda mystically like pharmaceuticals. Same drugs in USA cost half or less in Canada. Go figure.

Also, that new company poised to make primers better get their butts in gear or they will miss the boat.

Top Bottom