• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D

Dwd14329

I'm a new member, not sure what plinker means but I can be honest. I'm 2A advocate and of course that's why I mainly joined INGO. Members should be happy, i may want to purchase one of their items listed in classifieds in the future. I'm also a lifetime member of the NRA. $20 is fair for classified option but my question is why would their be an issue for any legal gun owner to participate in just classified if thats what they prefer? What is it that you want new members to do prior to participating in classifieds? Forums are discussions and opinions which makes that somewhat like a social platform. Shouldnt that be their choice whether to read forums or use classifieds? And, if I feel im snuffed out because long time members feel I'm just here for the classified benefit then what's the use of sticking around? I've lived in Indiana for 63 years and owned weapons for the legal years of my life, some of you weren't born yet but if some members chose to snuff out new members because of their personal use of this forum, what's the use? I've seen this sort of reaction on motorcycle forums and literally watched it drop of the internet web. My point, let new members chose how they want to navigate or use this forum as long as they follow the rules. This is just my general observation after reading the entire forum. I myself tend to learn more about the forum in the future, I hope I don't see more like these. Some members may just visit the forum occasionally because of employment or home chore obligations. No offense to anyone, just an opinion.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm a new member, not sure what plinker means but I can be honest. I'm 2A advocate and of course that's why I mainly joined INGO. Members should be happy, i may want to purchase one of their items listed in classifieds in the future. I'm also a lifetime member of the NRA. $20 is fair for classified option but my question is why would their be an issue for any legal gun owner to participate in just classified if thats what they prefer? What is it that you want new members to do prior to participating in classifieds? Forums are discussions and opinions which makes that somewhat like a social platform. Shouldnt that be their choice whether to read forums or use classifieds? And, if I feel im snuffed out because long time members feel I'm just here for the classified benefit then what's the use of sticking around? I've lived in Indiana for 63 years and owned weapons for the legal years of my life, some of you weren't born yet but if some members chose to snuff out new members because of their personal use of this forum, what's the use? I've seen this sort of reaction on motorcycle forums and literally watched it drop of the internet web. My point, let new members chose how they want to navigate or use this forum as long as they follow the rules. This is just my general observation after reading the entire forum. I myself tend to learn more about the forum in the future, I hope I don't see more like these. Some members may just visit the forum occasionally because of employment or home chore obligations. No offense to anyone, just an opinion.
    We are a community, a dysfunctional family if you will. We want people to interact, share their stories, let us get to know you. People have been killed over video games they were trying to sell and the classifieds here are for the tools used for that. We, and that doesn't speak for all of us, want to have a better feeling for the person we are dealing with.

If thats not for you, than I am sorry but that is what we(not me personally, but the membership and staff) have been trying to build over the last 2 decades. This has always been a little bit of a thing, but with GB and AL going pay only and full of crap we are getting the overflow. We don't want this place to be another GB or AL.

Lpherr

Occupied
    I'm sure at least one of the staff will be along to inform you of the why's.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    This is just my general observation after reading the entire forum.
    Wait a minute, you did what?!?

Ok seriously, you make some valid points, the opportunity for community is there, but you can’t force the horse to drink, and that’s ok.

You won’t be ostracized for only using the classies, by most people. You’ll have an opportunity to sell or buy from l, I’ll venture to say, most. Some, however use the forum as a sense of security for meetups and selling to a proper person. Which is ok too, if you’re into that kind of thing.

You may be ostracized for lack of paragraphs, or thin skin.

Welcome.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Ok seriously, you make some valid points, the opportunity for community is there, but you can’t force the horse to drink, and that’s ok.

You won’t be ostracized for only using the classies, by most people. You’ll have an opportunity to sell or buy from l, I’ll venture to say, most. Some, however use the forum as a sense of security for meetups and selling to a proper person. Which is ok too, if you’re into that kind of thing.

Welcome.
    Don't forget pineapple.

D

Dwd14329

Welcome.

I'm sure at least one of the staff will be along to inform you of the why's.
    You got that right!

Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    $20 is fair for classified option but my question is why would their be an issue for any legal gun owner to participate in just classified if thats what they prefer?
    Hi, welcome to the forum.
    You can just live in the classifieds if that's what you want to do.
    You sound like you have some knowledge and experience to share.
    I hope I see you around.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Welcome. No offense taken. Kinda.

The only offensive part is your lack of paragraphs. Please hit the enter key once in a while to separate your thoughts and make the post readable. Without line breaks it all blurs into a wall of text that is hard to follow.

I honestly didnt read the entire post because it was too difficult to read without any breaks.

We arent that critical of caps, grammar, and punctuation. But using paragraphs makes all the difference in the world.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I've seen this sort of reaction on motorcycle forums and literally watched it drop of the internet web.
    I did read your entire post, but this part made me chuckle. This forum has thousands of members. Some are not very active, but the amount of activity daily requires multiple moderators to address issues that pop up. INGO is in no danger of going away anytime soon.

If you have read the whole forum, I'm sure you have seen many posts that share the reason for the rules to participate in the classifieds. We are not about selling and buying...we are about sharing ideas, joys, sadness...life in general and getting to know others who share a common interest in firearms and using them for protection, enjoyment, hunting/sport.

Like many others on here, if I did have items to sell, I appreciate knowing something about the member I am dealing with.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I did read your entire post, but this part made me chuckle. This forum has thousands of members. Some are not very active, but the amount of activity daily requires multiple moderators to address issues that pop up. INGO is in no danger of going away anytime soon.

If you have read the whole forum, I'm sure you have seen many posts that share the reason for the rules to participate in the classifieds. We are not about selling and buying...we are about sharing ideas, joys, sadness...life in general and getting to know others who share a common interest in firearms and using them for protection, enjoyment, hunting/sport.

Like many others on here, if I did have items to sell, I appreciate knowing something about the member I am dealing with.
    For some reason I'm reminded of the old quote "The internet is only a fad"

Top Bottom