• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    After seeing so many new members asking about this or that and openly saying I'm here for the classifieds and being told pay the $20 to be a supported to skate to 50 posts...most of which pay the fee...
    I think that fee should be raised to say $65 if the member has a join date of less than 2 months and less than 30 actual "quality" posts. $20 is a very small price to pay to get around important rules that were put in place for a reason.
    If this is absurd, i can take criticism, so let me know.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I think we want to encourage members to actually participate in the forum. Yes some will pay the 20 bucks and only hit the classies, but a lot of members won't deal with them without a good post history to go along with it, so I think raising the bar so to speak might discourage some folks from participating at all. No way I would pay $65 just to be able to buy and sell. Why would I when Gunbroker is free?

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I think we want to encourage members to actually participate in the forum. Yes some will pay the 20 bucks and only hit the classies, but a lot of members won't deal with them without a good post history to go along with it, so I think raising the bar so to speak might discourage some folks from participating at all. No way I would pay $65 just to be able to buy and sell. Why would I when Gunbroker is free?
    That reaction you would not pay is the reason to get them to interact on the forums.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    That reaction you would not pay is the reason to get them to interact on the forums.
    Yeah, I get that, but I'm pretty sure (as has been said before) some do come for the classies and then wind up staying around for the conversations. I don't think we want to discourage those people. I think the current system is a happy medium. I understand where you're coming from though.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Gunbroker doesn't have our family/community.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I think the fee is really used support the site. If it is raised to $65 then some of the site supporters will no longer be site supporters, then the site goes away.

What is needed is an easy way to pay that doesn't involve paypal

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    After seeing so many new members asking about this or that and openly saying I'm here for the classifieds and being told pay the $20 to be a supported to skate to 50 posts...most of which pay the fee...
    I think that fee should be raised to say $65 if the member has a join date of less than 2 months and less than 30 actual "quality" posts. $20 is a very small price to pay to get around important rules that were put in place for a reason.
    If this is absurd, i can take criticism, so let me know.
    I’ve had similar thoughts. But let the buyer beware. One can check out the posting habits and simply refuse to do business with folks that are just here for the classifieds.

The rules do say something about having to be a regular poster to participate in the classifieds but I’m not sure that I’ve ever seen That enforced.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I think the fee is really used support the site. If it is raised to $65 then some of the site supporters will no longer be site supporters, then the site goes away.

What is needed is an easy way to pay that doesn't involve paypal
    Think you missed the part for the time frame of that fee. Just a thought about this is all. It's good to get opinions.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I wonder if we would got rid of the $20 buy in to the classifieds, how much would that affect the number of site supporters. In other words in the average year, how many people are site supporters that don't have 50 quality posts anyway? I would like to think there really aren't that many, but would not be shocked to find out I am smoking crack.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I wonder if we would got rid of the $20 buy in to the classifieds, how much would that affect the number of site supporters. In other words in the average year, how many people are site supporters that don't have 50 quality posts anyway? I would like to think there really aren't that many, but would not be shocked to find out I am smoking crack.
    That crack is bad for ya, buy ammo instead.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Gunbroker is never a better option.
    I've become somewhat fond of the dysfunctional array we call INGO.
    Well, most of what I have bought have been C&R type guns, so Gunbroker has a better selection for what I'm looking for. I've used INGO plenty though, and that's my preference as well, but for some of the oddball things that interest me, it's not always my best option. I've never sold on Gunbroker though. For that I use INGO pretty much exclusively.

Lpherr

Occupied
    Well, most of what I have bought have been C&R type guns, so Gunbroker has a better selection for what I'm looking for. I've used INGO plenty though, and that's my preference as well, but for some of the oddball things that interest me, it's not always my best option. I've never sold on Gunbroker though. For that I use INGO pretty much exclusively.
    We have plenty of oddball's here. :D

Top Bottom