New I.C.E. Crossbreed Belly Band Holster

lovemachine

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Dec 14, 2009
Indiana
CrossBreed® Holsters - Modular Belly Band | Crossbreed Holsters® Belly Band

I.C.E. and Crossbreed: The Evolution of the Belly Band Holster | I.C.E Training Journal

Rob Pincus of I.C.E. partnered up with Crossbreed Holsters and make a modular belly band holster.

Despite the 8 week wait time, I placed an order. I'll do a review once I receive it.

I like the concept a lot. Especially since I have been wanting to try the original Belly Band Holster. This seems like a much better design.

VERT

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Jan 4, 2009
Seymour
I like the concept. Two problems with the belly band is the position of the adjoining Velcro and not being able to reholster. The removable holster can be positioned on this one, so eliminates that problem. I look forward to your review of this product.

Rob Pincus

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 2, 2008
VERT, What do you mean by "position of adjoining velcro? We might have addressed that too... we wanted this band to be more adjustable and more comfortable than traditional ones.

"Lovemachine", Thanks for sharing the news.... I look forward to your feedback.

-Rob

VERT

Grandmaster
Site Supporter
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Jan 4, 2009
Seymour
VERT, What do you mean by "position of adjoining velcro? We might have addressed that too... we wanted this band to be more adjustable and more comfortable than traditional ones.

"Lovemachine", Thanks for sharing the news.... I look forward to your feedback.

-Rob

Your holster should address this. On my belly band if I want to carry at a 4 o'clock position I have to move the band around on my waist. Where the Velcro for the two sides of the band join it makes a stiff area. When I reposition the band this stiff adjoined area moves to the side and is uncomfortable. Better to have the adjoining sides meet in the small of the back on a flatter area of my body. By being able to move the holster I could position the band and then position the holster in the proper area.

So yes I am very interested in this concept. I especially like the idea of wearing the band at waist level where my gun belt can provide additional support.

kwood

Marksman
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Aug 27, 2010
lizton/brownsburg
to my eyes it looks like the same kind of lumbro sacro belt that was adopted for paintball pod carriers and the holster just had some velco adhered to it
if these are the same belts, they are extremely comfortable and easy to wear and adjust
but it may sound like you are wearing a diaper if the velcro ever starts to make noise ;)

Rob Pincus

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 2, 2008
Vert,

Yes, the way we did the velcro, both for closing the band and for attaching the holster module was designed with that problem in mind.... Also, the velcro doesn't run to the edge, so you don't get the scratching that older designs often came with.

Thanks.

Dobber

Marksman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sep 7, 2012
Granger (South Bend)
You'll have to wait a while. I won't get the belly band until after 8 weeks :(

Seems to me that when a partner in manufacture is attentive to a forum where a respected member is eager to perform a review that the order placed by said respected member might move up a bit. I'm all for fairness and equality, first in line gets the first product, blah blah blah....but there is always a marketing supply.

-Dobber

Rob Pincus

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mar 2, 2008
LoveMachine... what firearm did you order for?

Apparently, you went to Crossbreed's website, I have some models in stock at mine...

lovemachine

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Dec 14, 2009
Indiana
LoveMachine... what firearm did you order for?

Apparently, you went to Crossbreed's website, I have some models in stock at mine...

Glock 26. I went with an extra Glock 26 holster and 9mm magazine carrier as well.

I checked your store first, before I went thru Crossbreed, and saw you didn't have it in stock.

atvdave

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jan 23, 2012
SW Indiana
awakening a thread from the past...

I recently got a shield so I'm exploring some CC options. I have a IWB holster that came with it but I often wear shorts in the summer and the IWB tends to pull down on my shorts.. (not good if you know what I looked like).

Also on the sizes.. I am right at a size 34" waist.. will a 34" work or should I go larger.. I really don't want it to wrap around me 2x.. the more material you have down there the easer it is for others to see through the shirt.

Since this is a few month old thread.. who all had tested this out, and what do you think of them?

Thanks
Dave

lovemachine

Grandmaster
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Dec 14, 2009
Indiana
awakening a thread from the past...

I recently got a shield so I'm exploring some CC options. I have a IWB holster that came with it but I often wear shorts in the summer and the IWB tends to pull down on my shorts.. (not good if you know what I looked like).

Also on the sizes.. I am right at a size 34" waist.. will a 34" work or should I go larger.. I really don't want it to wrap around me 2x.. the more material you have down there the easer it is for others to see through the shirt.

Since this is a few month old thread.. who all had tested this out, and what do you think of them?

Thanks
Dave

I'm still waiting to get mine :(

I would order the regular size...

LuckyOne

Plinker
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Jan 8, 2013
Parke County, IN
I too am anxiously awaiting the review.

I am very interested in how it performs with a sub compact in this heat.

I am looking for a method of carry while running so any info in that regard is greatly appreciated.....Thanks

Lees

Plinker
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jan 22, 2012
I have one of these on the way, also for a Glock 26. From the dates posted on the Crossbreed website I still have around two weeks or so to wait for it.

I totally need this to work with stretchy pants that I don't wear a belt with.

Products discussed on INGO

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweet.Tooth
Top Bottom