• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Optics Plant may be back ordered for a year, but Primary Arms is taking pre-orders on the Vulcan for an ETA of May.

Yes. I ordered one from them. If nothing else it should be good for working with newer shooters who want to try a dot.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Ouch, hopefully the lead time for mine is much shorter.

Now I need to figure out where to send my slide to be milled and suppressor sights installed.
    If AllenM can do what you want, you would do well with him. If he can't for some reason I used DP Custom Works. I 'm happy with what they did.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Allen can do it once I supply the RDS and the irons.

Now, where can I get irons from? Never bought tall sights. Are they pretty much all the same height? Considering getting a small tritium dot that I can black out, but not sure it is even needed.

Currently I do not keep a light on the gun.

This is going to be interesting since I CC at 3:00.

Not holding my breath but Optics Planet updated my order and show it shipping the 29th of March. Don't see how that is possible, but would be nice.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington

Now, where can I get irons from? Never bought tall sights. Are they pretty much all the same height? Considering getting a small tritium dot that I can black out, but not sure it is even needed.

Not holding my breath but Optics Planet updated my order and show it shipping the 29th of March. Don't see how that is possible, but would be nice.
    You could ask Allen to pick you up a set of irons and install them when he does the dot. That way you get your slide back ready to go!

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.

Glockstore has a variety of tall sights for glocks. Not sure what your putting it on.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    M&P full size is the planned host. I have a compact 2.0 but just don't share the love so probably will sell it off.

Checking with Allen to see if he will mill without the RDS. If so all should be down to deciding when I want to send the slide. If he won't do it until he has the RDS then I am back to waiting.

Funny how I didn't decide to move forward until this last week and I am already talking about backorders and time frames.

For you guys with electronic sights already, what position do you carry and what rig do you use?

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    M&P full size is the planned host. I have a compact 2.0 but just don't share the love so probably will sell it off.

Checking with Allen to see if he will mill without the RDS. If so all should be down to deciding when I want to send the slide. If he won't do it until he has the RDS then I am back to waiting.

Funny how I didn't decide to move forward until this last week and I am already talking about backorders and time frames.

For you guys with electronic sights already, what position do you carry and what rig do you use?
    My carry gun doesn't have a dot but my range gun (2.0 Compact) does. I carry OWB at 3 o'clock. I have used a Bravo Concealment but recently switched to a Bladetech to get a straight drop since it is pretty much a range gun at this point.

If I decide to carry it, I'll use the Bravo as it conceals better.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Cool about the 3:00 carry. I IWB so I can hide a little more when I reach up for stuff.

Just trying to get things ordered or figured out so I can start working with the gun as soon as I get it all put together.

I switched to AIWB carry for a while but found that with my line of work I was beating myself up. Also being a portly fellow made it tougher on me as well.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I used to carry strong side at 3:30-4:00 just behind the hip, but I've switched to in front of the hip at 2:00-2:30. Basically directly above the front pants pocket.

I did this for a couple of reasons, but it was before switching to a red dot, so that was not the driving factor. The switch was basically driven by all the reasons why people carry appendix.

1. Having the gun in front makes it quicker and easier to draw from concealment.
    2. It prints less when standing than having it directly to the side like the 3:00 does.
    3. It's easier to access the gun when seated (driving, sitting in a booth at a restaurant, etc.)
    4. It doesn't bang around on chairs and furniture as much as a gun behind the hip, making it relatively more comfortable when seated.
    5. Gun in front of your body makes it easier to defend in the event of a hands on altercation or attempted gun grab.
    6. Muzzle tends to point outward towards my outer thigh and hip rather than inward at my junk or inner thigh like appendix carry.

I do have a few extra pounds around the mid-section, so the back of the slide and side of the RDS can sometimes dig into my belly a little, but I try to wear pants that don't have a lot of belt loops, so if I position the holster right, I can slide the entire rig a few inches in either direction. I slide it more towards my belly button when standing, more towards the hip when sitting.

I carry in a generic OWB kydex holster I found on Amazon. I do run a light too, so it took some trial and error to find one that accepted a light and red dot without being extra bulky.

Overall I really like my setup now. It makes carrying a full sized gun pretty easy with very limited printing and I have most of the benefits of appendix carry without having the muzzle pointed directly at my junk when sitting. One downsize is that I lose access to my right front pants pocket, but that is a small trade-off.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Very interesting about the carry and reasons. I loved the easy access to the AIWB. I did not love the constant belly bruise from it. Remember being in for a physical and the doc asking me about it. I told him which started an entire drift about him going on safari to Africa and donating the meat to local villages in need.

Anyhow, in the construction field I can be sitting in a truck, climbing a ladder, crawling on my belly or doing any other number of things that beat the hell out of me. The barley pop belly doesn't help at all.

Still can't get used to OWB because of the extra flash that comes with it. Would be more comfy I guess.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Well now my Optics Planet order shows shipping as 29JAN2022

Ouch.
    Same here. I just got off the phone with them and Holosun is behind sending them product. 650 people are waiting for orders to be filled. They said check back again after April 20. January 29, 2022 is just a placeholder. I may order an RMR or RMRcc in the meantime and keep the ACSS Vulcan on order.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Same here. I just got off the phone with them and Holosun is behind sending them product. 650 people are waiting for orders to be filled. They said check back again after April 20. January 29, 2022 is just a placeholder. I may order an RMR or RMRcc in the meantime and keep the ACSS Vulcan on order.
    Keep in mind that shipments from China are really jacked up right now and it will take months to sort it all out. Anything that is stuck on a container ship is a crap shoot at this point as to when it will be offloaded at a port.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I paid $469 in November of 2020. That is a big increase!
    OP.com right now has them listed at $539. Had one in cart deciding if I wanted to go that direction and then the price bump decided for me.

Although waiting until 30JAN2022 (1 day increase) kind of sucks when a guy decides to go for the change.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    OP.com right now has them listed at $539. Had one in cart deciding if I wanted to go that direction and then the price bump decided for me.

Although waiting until 30JAN2022 (1 day increase) kind of sucks when a guy decides to go for the change.
    Are all the Holosun's on that long of a lead time? If not, buy something that just has a dot. A year is a long time to go without training if you really want to switch to a red dot.

That fancy reticle is a neat concept, but you can learn just fine with just a nice clean dot.

Remember, the idea it to focus on the target, not the reticle.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Are all the Holosun's on that long of a lead time?
    My guess is that the delay has more to do with Optics Planet than Holosun.

Up thread I linked to the Primary Arms page with a pre-order date of May of this year. The Vulcan reticle is a collaboration with Primary Arms (PA) and was designed by a PA employee (Dimitri) who designed the other ACSS reticles that go in PA scopes. I would assume PA takes precedence when Holosun fills orders, but of course that's just an assumption.

Optics Planet is has a reputation of taking money for stuff they don't actually have in stock, so I would lean toward it being an OP issue.

Top Bottom