• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Thanks, good to know. Am thinking of doing something similar to my G19. No concerns about the red dot dying at night without any night sights backing it up?
    I run orange dot/tritium Amerigo suppressor sights on my MOS guns. They are only $60. I didn't price the black ones, but can't imagine they are a lot cheaper.

The same sight picture (slightly thinner front blade) as on all of the iron sighted guns I have carried for the the last 10 years. The same tritium glow that helps find the pistol in the pitch black.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    I finally decided to get the Holosun 507c for my Glock 34.5 MOS. Was going to wait for the Vulcan to be in stock, but found a smoking deal on the regular X2 version. Battle Hawk Armory (online) has them for $229 plus shipping. That's $80 off. Too good a deal to pass up - especially for my first red dot. U have to put it in the cart and then ask for them to email u the promo code for that price, but worth it. Shipping is a bit slow - 2 weeks, but again worth it for the deal. I'll post again, once I receive it. So far communication has been great - 3 emails already with another one coming with tracking.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    That is a nice price. I worry about the 2 mao dot tho.

Found someone scalping the Holosun HS507C-X2-ACSS on ebay. Just for fun I put in a bid and it hasn't reached his reserve. He is $100 over retail plus shipping.

Don't think I am that much in need.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I'm a big Aaron Cowan fan boi and have been waiting for his review of this reticle.

Watched that last night. Nice review! I like a lot of what Aaron says. He makes sense to me. Except for dot size. I differ from him in that regard. That may be the only thing I have found in the dozens of videos I've watched to I stray from.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Watched that last night. Nice review! I like a lot of what Aaron says. He makes sense to me. Except for dot size. I differ from him in that regard. That may be the only thing I have found in the dozens of videos I've watched to I stray from.
    I can see why he would like a tiny dot considering how much time he has on an RDS and the tens, if not hundreds of thousands of rounds he's shot with them. But I agree that for most people, something between the 6.5 - 2 moa range is going to work better, especially when just starting out.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I can see why he would like a tiny dot considering how much time he has on an RDS and the tens, if not hundreds of thousands of rounds he's shot with them. But I agree that for most people, something between the 6.5 - 2 moa range is going to work better, especially when just starting out.
    Plus, his eyesight is probably still perfect! :)

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    I'm a big Aaron Cowan fan boi and have been waiting for his review of this reticle.

That is impressive, and it makes sense based on my experience with the Holosun circle dot reticle. While I would never have thought to expand the circle and increase the aim point size, watching the video it makes perfect sense.

I had noticed the same effect to some extent with the circle dot aiding in finding the dot when I first picked up a red dot. The vulcan takes that effect to the next level.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    That guy is a beast.

Now I am over thinking tho. Do I want the vulcan or just transition into a 6 moa dot? I don't have the greatest eyesight. Too many things can be a distraction as well. But then again the vulcan sure does look like it would be nice.

Hoping to get the contact info to send my slide out for milling next week. Switching back to the v1.0 pistol isn't a big thing now that I consider it. On the look out for a decent deal on the vulcan. Guess if I get the slide back I can look for a 6 moa version instead.

This is exciting. An entirely new way of using my pistol. Thanks to all who post about it.

tsilveus

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 4, 2014
    United States
    My holosun 507c from battlehawk armory came in two days. Wow. Super fast. Put it on the glock and sighted it in. Pinpoint shooting was easy and accurate. Will have to work on the draw. It is different than shooting with irons (30 years). So far I like just the dot for pinpoint and just the circle for draw. Dot and circle together feels like to much visually. 20210313_144352.jpg

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    That guy is a beast.

Now I am over thinking tho. Do I want the vulcan or just transition into a 6 moa dot? I don't have the greatest eyesight. Too many things can be a distraction as well. But then again the vulcan sure does look like it would be nice.

Hoping to get the contact info to send my slide out for milling next week. Switching back to the v1.0 pistol isn't a big thing now that I consider it. On the look out for a decent deal on the vulcan. Guess if I get the slide back I can look for a 6 moa version instead.

This is exciting. An entirely new way of using my pistol. Thanks to all who post about it.
    I won't tell anyone they are overthinking anything. Because that is the bane of my existence! :) Been accused of that all my life.

My distance vision is Lasik adjusted to perfect. It's my up close stuff that suffers. This was my sole reason for looking at a red dot in the beginning.

I started out with 2 MOA and turned it up so it appeared larger. When I got my 6.5 MOA RMR, I had to double check that I didn't get the 3.25 by accident. It literally looked the same size, if not smaller than my blown up 2 MOA. I am so glad I did not buy the smaller dot size RMR. I have mine set on either level 3 or 4 and I like it.

I think this new reticle is cool, but I still would not have gone with it. I'm a minimalist person and I'd rather suffer a longer learning curve and end up where I want to be.

If there is any thought that eventually you will want a dot vs a chevron, unless you are financially able, I'd go ahead and get the dot you will keep long term.:twocents:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I won't tell anyone they are overthinking anything. Because that is the bane of my existence! :) Been accused of that all my life.

My distance vision is Lasik adjusted to perfect. It's my up close stuff that suffers. This was my sole reason for looking at a red dot in the beginning.

I started out with 2 MOA and turned it up so it appeared larger. When I got my 6.5 MOA RMR, I had to double check that I didn't get the 3.25 by accident. It literally looked the same size, if not smaller than my blown up 2 MOA. I am so glad I did not buy the smaller dot size RMR. I have mine set on either level 3 or 4 and I like it.

I think this new reticle is cool, but I still would not have gone with it. I'm a minimalist person and I'd rather suffer a longer learning curve and end up where I want to be.

If there is any thought that eventually you will want a dot vs a chevron, unless you are financially able, I'd go ahead and get the dot you will keep long term.:twocents:
    I had my distance corrected with Lasik in 2012. It is not perfect anymore, but my close up suffered immediately. That seems to be a perfect reason to get a dot for me as well.

Now I am going to consider the 6.5 dot, besides the vulcan is out everywhere or being bumped up on places like ebay.

There I go thinking again...

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I had my distance corrected with Lasik in 2012. It is not perfect anymore, but my close up suffered immediately. That seems to be a perfect reason to get a dot for me as well.

Now I am going to consider the 6.5 dot, besides the vulcan is out everywhere or being bumped up on places like ebay.

There I go thinking again...
    Glad I could help!;) I know they are pricey, but I can't see how anyone would be unhappy with a 6.5 moa RMR Type 2. I paid $469 for mine.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    My backordered HS507C-X2 ACSS Vulcan is estimated to ship from Optics Planet on March 29. Really looking forward to giving it a try but still wondering if I shouldn’t go straight to one of the Trijicon RMR or RMRcc variants instead, especially since I’m leaning toward Trijicon suppressor-height night sights on my G19.5 MOS. Keeping it all Trijicon leaves no doubt about the reliability or durability. Decisions, decisions...

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    My backordered HS507C-X2 ACSS Vulcan is estimated to ship from Optics Planet on March 29. Really looking forward to giving it a try but still wondering if I shouldn’t go straight to one of the Trijicon RMR or RMRcc variants instead, especially since I’m leaning toward Trijicon suppressor-height night sights on my G19.5 MOS. Keeping it all Trijicon leaves no doubt about the reliability or durability. Decisions, decisions...
    Whatever you do, don't cancel your current order for the Vulcan. Interest in it is sky high and availability is low. You won't have any trouble selling it if you end up not liking it, but I think you will like it. And because footprint is the same as the RMR, you can use the same plate for both.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Whatever you do, don't cancel your current order for the Vulcan. Interest in it is sky high and availability is low. You won't have any trouble selling it if you end up not liking it, but I think you will like it. And because footprint is the same as the RMR, you can use the same plate for both.
    Understood, thanks.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    That is not a
    That is not a bad delivery date. Right now Optics Planet is showing something like a 12-14 month wait. Maybe that is just what they put down when they don't have a clue. Holosun is real good for getting the marketing out and revved up but no product. I am torn, I like my 507k on my 365XL just fine, but it is china made. I also have RMR's, SRO's and DPP's. I tend to have better luck than some people with MRDS's. None of those have broke on me. My Holosun 507c on my Walther is starting to act up. The dot dims and comes back and when I shot it in a match last weekend I couldnt get it out of circle dot mode. They have a lot of great ideas but there is also something to be said for simplicity. Like MC said though, I probably wouldn't cancel that order.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    The RMR jumped up in price a lot while in my cart for OpticsPlanet. I just went ahead and ordered the Holosun Vulcan. Checked this morning and although I used paypal I didn't complete the order. Oops. Did so now, but what a stupid mistake. Nothing like being in a hurry for something that shows over a year backorder.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Optics Plant may be back ordered for a year, but Primary Arms is taking pre-orders on the Vulcan for an ETA of May.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Ouch, hopefully the lead time for mine is much shorter.

Now I need to figure out where to send my slide to be milled and suppressor sights installed.

Top Bottom