KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Welcome to these great but crazy forums. Tons of knowledge here and great convos.
    Make sure to read the rules and figure out all the hidden rules! Don’t post any short post under 50 even if everyone else is as those posts get deleted…
    Newbies (<50 quality posts/non-site supporters) welcoming newbies posts tend to get deleted as well.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Welcome to INGO from a US vet.

Even though you're not 'new to guns', I still recommend some classes.
    I started shooting in the 1970s, and carrying in the 90s, and still recommend classes.
    Carrying on the street, and carrying in the .mil can be a bit different.

Especially recommend a class that includes gun law.
    If you're willing to travel to Indianapolis, Guy Relford at Tactical Firearms Training (in Indianapolis) has a great gun law class.
    I know, gun law, sounds B O R I N G.
    But Mr. Relford is a good instructor, and is a lawyer that specializes in gun law. In fact, he has helped write some of the gun law recently adopted in the last few years, and testified in the Statehouse multiple times.

2tonic

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2011
    N.W. Disillusionment
    For sure it is far different from the UK, I am not going to lie most days I do see or experiance stereotypical American things that I saw in the Movies or TV shows growing up :) I love it here and would not trade it to go back to the UK, regarding the gun culture it is alien for 99% of anyone in Europe and the view is just gun totting 'mericans just shooting each other all day every day. for me I have the deepest respect not only for firearms due to my past but also the right that you still have which many have lost!

Well..............'MURICA!!!
    Yes, we are all action movie stars here (legends in our own mind).

Oh, for the record, we take Tuesdays off from shooting each other.

(please note, for future reference, purple text denotes sarcasm or a tongue-in-cheek response.)

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Greetings!

This is a great place to ask questions and grow your gun knowledge BUT you'll find there is at least one of every opinion LOL! Seriously though it's a good group of people *generally* happily sharing facts, opinions and random information. It's a pretty good cross section of American society in general, we're glad you found us!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Also, if someone makes a claim, better get a source for it.
    Especially law related.
    Cause if you get pulled over, and you tell the officer that some guy on INGO says you can do it...

Reactions: Mij

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    No worries, short answer is work, long answer is I work for an American Auto company and started with them in the UK, Germany and Poland, I spent a lot of time over a 3 year time frame here (about 50%) in and out for a week or 2 at a time. In 2018 I asked if I could move and they agreeded, I met my awesome (local) now wife and never looking back :)
    Watch out, those American girls can be wicked.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Welcome to INGO from a US vet.

Even though you're not 'new to guns', I still recommend some classes.
    I started shooting in the 1970s, and carrying in the 90s, and still recommend classes.
    Carrying on the street, and carrying in the .mil can be a bit different.

Especially recommend a class that includes gun law.
    If you're willing to travel to Indianapolis, Guy Relford at Tactical Firearms Training (in Indianapolis) has a great gun law class.
    I know, gun law, sounds B O R I N G.
    But Mr. Relford is a good instructor, and is a lawyer that specializes in gun law. In fact, he has helped write some of the gun law recently adopted in the last few years, and testified in the Statehouse multiple times.
    ^^^^^ this, a thousand times this.

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I’m sure after he reads all 3-4-5 pages he’ll get the drift. And as always my best advice is to read “the entire archive” that will settle your hash. And teach you all you need to know about INGO…..:):

Mij

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    Welcome to these great but crazy forums. Tons of knowledge here and great convos.
    Make sure to read the rules and figure out all the hidden rules! Don’t post any short post under 50 even if everyone else is as those posts get deleted…
    3 days and your halfway there, 3 more and your GTG. Good Luck. Unless this is a postmortem posting. Anyway good luck.

RCB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 17, 2009
    Near Bedford
    Welcome! This is a great forum, one of the best of its type (and I'm on quite a few). Are you connected with Notre Dame, or did you just end up here? Either way, glad to have you! With your military background, I expect you have some knowledge many would appreciate.

A state's gun laws will always been the most important information of course (outside of safe handling, which I expect you may already well know).

If you travel to Chicago, I encourage you to exercise extreme caution as far as anything 2A. It's almost another country.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom