• Status
    Not open for further replies.

hallg012

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2023
    South Bend, IN, USA
    Hello and welcome. The SA80 is a unique rifle which variant did you use and what were your thoughts on it? I heard the early versions were junk.
    Hi I used the L85A1 with SUSAT, it was terrible in the field, constant jams, the thing would rust in front of your eyes (just like my Chevy truck :P ) plus would eat firing pins!! but apart from that when it was on point it was on the money but this was very rare.

hallg012

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2023
    South Bend, IN, USA
    Great introduction.
    Welcome to the United States of America, and Ingo of course.
    You are going to get a TON of questions, and likely a good bit of ribbing, but it's all in good fun.
    There is an immense knowledge base on this site and it's not restricted to firearms.
    Jump in and have fun.
    Don't take anything personal, we're all a little dysfunctional here.
    Nothing will be taken personal as unlick my American cousins I actually have a sense of humour :P

hallg012

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2023
    South Bend, IN, USA
    Welcome to INGO!
    I, and I think many others, would be fascinated to know what you thought of the U.S. before you came here, and how you feel about it now that you've been here a few years. Both overall and specific to the "gun culture".
    For sure it is far different from the UK, I am not going to lie most days I do see or experiance stereotypical American things that I saw in the Movies or TV shows growing up :) I love it here and would not trade it to go back to the UK, regarding the gun culture it is alien for 99% of anyone in Europe and the view is just gun totting 'mericans just shooting each other all day every day. for me I have the deepest respect not only for firearms due to my past but also the right that you still have which many have lost!

hallg012

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2023
    South Bend, IN, USA
    Welcome to :patriot: and :ingo:
    Sorry if it's been asked already, but what brought you to the US?
    No worries, short answer is work, long answer is I work for an American Auto company and started with them in the UK, Germany and Poland, I spent a lot of time over a 3 year time frame here (about 50%) in and out for a week or 2 at a time. In 2018 I asked if I could move and they agreeded, I met my awesome (local) now wife and never looking back :)

hallg012

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2023
    South Bend, IN, USA
    Welcome from Boone county.

Indiana is a State which is relatively free and generally respects the Constitutions of both the State and United States. Unfortunately South Bend is a bit on the Left side, but it is surrounded by some very good people who still passionately respect our Constitutions. If you meet up with the NWI INGO'ers, you will meet some great people and have the opportunity to soak up knowledge and experience.

Welcome to the United States of America, Indiana, and freedom. If you become a citizen (or are), help us keep it free.
    Thank you, I am technically St Joseph County not far from the stateline :) not so many left side vides here :)

ImNoTech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Welcome to these great but crazy forums. Tons of knowledge here and great convos.
    Make sure to read the rules and figure out all the hidden rules! Don’t post any short post under 50 even if everyone else is as those posts get deleted…

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom