• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    Congratulations and welcome! Those are both solid purchases, you did well. Keep them locked up and learn to shoot! I'm sure you already know, but training can be fun. I got into steel challenge for fun but accidentally became proficient and confident with my pistol along the way.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Welcome from Lake Co. Ownership of firearms to protect your family is a noble decision that also comes with great responsibility which includes the proper knowledge of safe firearm handling and storage not only for yourself but your family. They need to be taught as well with strict adherence whenever firearms are introduced into the home.

Here is a helpful link for new firearm owners that outlines some primary rules of firearm safety.

As a new gun owner, you need to know all that along with the familiarity of firearm laws and what the legal justification is for the use of deadly force to try and mitigate potential legal issues. Also be aware of what steps should be taken if heaven forbid you might one day have to use a firearm for protection.

It's also a good idea to have some proper first aid medical items on hand to deal with any potential wounds and most importantly to acquire the knowledge as well to properly apply them.

I know this is a lot for new gun owners to take in but having the proper knowledge and practice in those key areas are vitally important for responsible firearm ownership when it comes to the protection of not only yourself but your loved ones as well.

Last edited:

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    A Welcome!
    B. When your wife tells you to put down the phone and come to bed, do it.
    C. Pineapple only belongs on Hawaiian pizza.
    D. Gxxxxs suck. Hail Churchmouse.
    E. prol bathrooms are on the left. No, you can't have the key to the executive mod washroom. And don't even ask about the INGO Bugatti.
    F. Cheeseburgers rock, hang on to your wallet, ban Mbills, and Tally ho!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    A Welcome!
    B. When your wife tells you to put down the phone and come to bed, do it.
    C. Pineapple only belongs on Hawaiian pizza.
    D. Gxxxxs suck. Hail Churchmouse.
    E. prol bathrooms are on the left. No, you can't have the key to the executive mod washroom. And don't even ask about the INGO Bugatti.
    F. Cheeseburgers rock, hang on to your wallet, ban Mbills, and Tally ho!
    That should give him plenty to do trying to figure out what all that means.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Hey there everybody. Just purchased my first guns this past week, picked up an old Mossberg 500 from a gunshow, then a Sar 9 from a gunshop here in Fort Wayne. Purchased my first house a year ago and been feeling very irresponsible not having anything to protect my family. Happy to have solved that problem. As a brand new gun owner, it was really difficult for me to find a community as the only real form of network I'm familiar with is Facebook which seems to completely disallow anything firearm related. Glad I found this forum!
    Hey big block....welcome from new haven! What range do ya shoot at? And finally "big block" 60's muscle car? Drag racer?

BigBlock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2023
    Fort Wayne
    Hey big block....welcome from new haven! What range do ya shoot at? And finally "big block" 60's muscle car? Drag racer?
    Thanks. I'm a brand new gun owner so I don't have a range per se, but I'm heading to Midwest Shooting Center right now to try it out. As far as my username, no, it's nothing nearly as cool as you probably hope. I just didn't want to use my normal online username for privacy reasons. Proud owner of one of the last Chevy big block engines to come from the factory, the 8.1l that powers my 02 GMC 2500HD pickup. Thanks for the comment.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Thanks. I'm a brand new gun owner so I don't have a range per se, but I'm heading to Midwest Shooting Center right now to try it out. As far as my username, no, it's nothing nearly as cool as you probably hope. I just didn't want to use my normal online username for privacy reasons. Proud owner of one of the last Chevy big block engines to come from the factory, the 8.1l that powers my 02 GMC 2500HD pickup. Thanks for the comment.
    Anytime you wanna hit the fort Wayne Rifle and Revolver club or the Antwerp club hit me up.
    I had a big block addiction, Keith Black hemi engines. Slap a "huffer" on top of a 573 KB , top off the alcohol & quite literally off to the races. I have entered a 12 step program for HP junkies.....high power rifle competition........

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom