• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    After two years of being heartbroken from the loss of our last shepherd, we now have a new GSD puppy in the house. He’s 7 weeks old, weighs 15 lbs, and is already having fun playing with our other two dogs. He’s gonna be a real beast, lots of attitude and the goofiness that I love in shepherds. Got to meet his mom and dad and his gramma. His dad is a k9 with Lincoln county sheriffs department in Kentucky, and one of his siblings from a previous litter is a k9 somewhere else in Kentucky. We’re planning on getting him in training soon.
    3EA7F34E-9AC3-43EF-8C06-6AA8CA41BAD8.jpeg B6405336-D511-419B-BA6B-63D4B0376DCD.jpeg 3A7D1CBC-CD43-4ACE-A307-C2AF6D9CF17E.jpeg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    After two years of being heartbroken from the loss of our last shepherd, we now have a new GSD puppy in the house. He’s 7 weeks old, weighs 15 lbs, and is already having fun playing with our other two dogs. He’s gonna be a real beast, lots of attitude and the goofiness that I love in shepherds. Got to meet his mom and dad and his gramma. His dad is a k9 with Lincoln county sheriffs department in Kentucky, and one of his siblings from a previous litter is a k9 somewhere else in Kentucky. We’re planning on getting him in training soon.
    View attachment 248034 View attachment 248035 View attachment 248036
    Congrats! I can almost smell the puppy breath. :)

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Congrats on the new pup...

Every time we lose a dog it's a tragic time, but every time we get a new one our hearts get a lift.
    I still remember when my girl was a pup... (she's almost 9 now)
    Same spot in the front yard the day I got her at 6 weeks, and back when she turned 5.

6 week old puppy to 5 year old dog front lawn.jpg

Oh, and yeah... I 100% agree on puppy breath.
    It should be a perfume if women really want to attract men.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    We adopted a husky at the beginning of the year. Our old rott (old avatar)passed away 3 years ago a week before Christmas.

This is our new 6ish year old 4 legged family member: 20230102_155053.jpg

Attachments

• 20230106_165457.jpg
      20230106_165457.jpg
      265.9 KB · Views: 4

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    We adopted a husky at the beginning of the year. Our old rott (old avatar)passed away 3 years ago a week before Christmas.

This is our new 6ish year old 4 legged family member: View attachment 248403
    We just adopted a husky mix a few weeks ago. DoggyMama's best friend's uncle has Alzheimers and could no longer take proper care of her.

1673866685682.jpeg 1673866708553.jpeg

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Very nice GSDs. The only GSD my family had was when we were youngsters. She was a white GSD. Her name was "Cindy" She looked similar to the goggle pic I found below from what I can remember. It's been many years ago since I was a youngster.

It's my understanding that although they are allowed registration as a purebred by the AKC they are disqualified from the show ring because they don't conform to their criteria of a "standard" due to their colorization and the notion that they are less "desirable" especially for breeding. Otherwise, they are the same as any other GSD in characteristics except for their white coats. She was a good loyal protective family dog. We weren't herding anything. Except for maybe us unruly kids at the time. :):

1673874660404.png

Last edited:

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Very nice GSDs. The only GSD my family had was when we were youngsters. She was a white GSD. Her name was "Cindy" She looked similar to the goggle pic I found below from what I can remember. It's been many years ago since I was a youngster.

It's my understanding that although they are allowed registration as a purebred by the AKC they are disqualified from the show ring because they don't conform to their criteria of a "standard" due to their colorization and the notion that they are less "desirable" especially for breeding. Otherwise, they are the same as any other GSD in characteristics except for their white coats. She was a good loyal protective family dog. We weren't herding anything. Except for maybe us unruly kids at the time. :):

View attachment 248490
    Long haired have the same stigma. But unlike the short hair they molt twice a year and don’t leave much hair behind the rest of the year. But when they shed that coat holy hell there is hair everywhere for about 2 weeks.

Reactions: KG1
    Top Bottom