• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I still haven't figured out how to get reposts of tweets to show up. They were showing up fine at first but in the last week or so all I see is the little bluebird and not the tweet. Apparently some see them and some don't. I'm using Firefox on a laptop and I can't see any obvious settings in the browser that would be blocking them. Anyone else experienced this and found a workaround?
    I was struggling with this also. Found a workaround that works for me anyway...

Use the windows snipping tool to grab a pic of the tweet. Then instead of saving or mailing the capture, right click on it and copy. That copy will paste directly into the reply box.

1611543480310.png

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was struggling with this also. Found a workaround that works for me anyway...

Use the windows snipping tool to grab a pic of the tweet. Then instead of saving or mailing the capture, right click on it and copy. That copy will paste directly into the reply box.

View attachment 122548
    Well, that would work for the person posting the tweet, but doesn't solve the issue of me being able to see the ones for which folks post the link to the tweet. If everyone did this it would be great for me though! :):

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Well, that would work for the person posting the tweet, but doesn't solve the issue of me being able to see the ones for which folks post the link to the tweet. If everyone did this it would be great for me though! :):
    I'm in the same boat. I just see the little bird where the tweet would be.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm in the same boat. I just see the little bird where the tweet would be.
    It seems to be Firefox related. I was playing around a little and if I turned off "tracker blocking" I could start to see them, but I'm not willing to do that, and for some reason, mine won't let me add Twitter to the "safe list" so it would allow it. Actually it won't let me add anything to that list.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, maybe someone has an answer to my question.

When you click on the notification bell, and it says a big number, do you have to count down the list?
    Or is there a better way to tell what the last notification you haven't looked at?

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County

When you click on the notification bell, and it says a big number, do you have to count down the list?
    Or is there a better way to tell what the last notification you haven't looked at?
    You can hover over them if you have a mouse and see if they are unread.

I gave up on that because it is a pain. I just go to Watched Threads and new posts

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

No way I have found. You also can't delete them. It would be nice if the system only showed unread alerts in the bell and you could look at all of them when you click on "show all".

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    This has come up a few times so here is a howto to check your site supporter status:

AU 01.jpg
    AU 02.jpg
    AU 03.jpg
    AU 04.jpg

All screen shots done on a PC running Firefox.

You should see something similar to this regardless of you platform. It works the same way for me on my Android phone running Chrome.

If it isn't working for you when you report it be sure to note at what step the process breaks down for you.

This is a dupe of my post in the 50 posts rule sucks thread.

Top Bottom