• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    How do you give someone a rating after buying or selling now?
    Is that feature gone?
    Or, is just clicking on the "Like" button the only option.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    How do you give someone a rating after buying or selling now?
    Is that feature gone?
    Or, is just clicking on the "Like" button the only option.
    tap or click on the user's avatar. Then tap/click on their rating. This will take you to their rating/feedback page where you can leave feedback.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I'm seeing classifieds without the thread prefix. So here's what I've found. The rules haven't changed:

Screenshot_20210117-083203.png

The selector for the prefix us still there:

Screenshot_20210117-083128.png

Using the proper prefix makes your ad easier to see and is required by the classified rules.

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    If you want to go to the "New Posts" listing and you save a bookmark after clicking on the "New posts" link the address saved will look like this:

h****//www.indianagunowners.com/whats-new/posts/51568/

The part in red needs to be removed so your saved bookmark should look like this:

h****//www.indianagunowners.com/whats-new/posts/

otherwise you will get a stale, outdated list of posts.

You browser should allow you to make this change to a saved bookmark, look for properties in your bookmark or favorites menu.

I have replaced part of the URL in the examples above with asterisks so that the forum software won't automatically link them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I still haven't figured out how to get reposts of tweets to show up. They were showing up fine at first but in the last week or so all I see is the little bluebird and not the tweet. Apparently some see them and some don't. I'm using Firefox on a laptop and I can't see any obvious settings in the browser that would be blocking them. Anyone else experienced this and found a workaround?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I still haven't figured out how to get reposts of tweets to show up. They were showing up fine at first but in the last week or so all I see is the little bluebird and not the tweet. Apparently some see them and some don't. I'm using Firefox on a laptop and I can't see any obvious settings in the browser that would be blocking them. Anyone else experienced this and found a workaround?

Experienced - Yes
    Found workaround - No

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I notice that you can only multi-quote on the same page. I thought sure this could happen from page to page earlier in the new forum?

On another note, what kind of spell checkers are folks using?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I notice that you can only multi-quote on the same page. I thought sure this could happen from page to page earlier in the new forum?

On another note, what kind of spell checkers are folks using?

It was working for multiple pages directly after the upgrade, but for whatever reason it's only for the same page now... :dunno:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Something I do at times when I want to quote multiple posts us to open the reply in a new tab. I do this for each post I want to quote and then I can copy/paste them together or answer each separately. In fast moving threads sometimes by the time I get to the end of new posts some of the posts I was going to reply to I don't need to.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Perhaps the problem with twitter is on their end. Are they blocking linking by certain sites?
    I don't think so, because some people can see them just fine (and I could too for about the first week or so after the INGO upgrade). I don't know if I had a Firefox update that caused it to stop working or what. :scratch:

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What I have recently discovered about the new site is that I need a bigger phone. My thumbs aren't getting any smaller.

Top Bottom