New Federal Law Mandates Use Of Cut-Off Switch On Boats 26' And Less ?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    They've been standard equipment on boats under 26' for years. Sounds like this law will just mandate their use vs letting the clip and cord hang on the switch.
    I have seen these on big power boats before. I also saw a guy take a header out of his Mach II bass boat on Racoon. He was ****ed up but had his vest on. Boat went on a joy ride until it found land. Thats why they are there. The throttle does not care in most of these boats.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    I have seen these on big power boats before. I also saw a guy take a header out of his Mach II bass boat on Racoon. He was ****ed up but had his vest on. Boat went on a joy ride until it found land. Thats why they are there. The throttle does not care in most of these boats.
    I know why they are there, just saying they are not there on the larger, 30'+ cruisers.....but on everything under 26' I've owned and been on, the cut off switch has been standard equipment for years.

The FAQ answers a lot of questions.

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I know why they are there, just saying they are not there on the larger, 30'+ cruisers.....but on everything under 26' I've owned and been on, the cut off switch has been standard equipment for years.

The FAQ answers a lot of questions.

I was just sharing. The bigger boats are more stable and less likely to pitch the driver out.

Top Bottom