• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Yeah I have zero faith in or trust for our legal system to do what's right and protect the people from these thugs in government
    You also have the ability to bring a Federal Civil Action under 42 U.S. Code § 1983 for deprivation of rights. To do so, you would have to have standing before the courts . . . i.e. be a "wronged" party affected by a deprivation of rights. Read the conditions regarding bringing action against judicial officers acting in their judicial capacity. Everyone else is fair game without those conditions. The strength, foundation and constitutional authority of this statute appears to be based on the "Privileges and Immunities" clause in the 14th Amendment.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/42/1983

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Read the decision from the judge. The Fat Lady hasn't sung yet. IMHO part of the problem in not getting one was in plaintiff filings . . . perhaps straightjacketed by page count and word count limits. Nevertheless, the judge cited that plaintiffs may eventually prevail at trial or in getting a Summary Judgement, but he wouldn't give a Preliminary Injunction now. Likewise, just because someone gets a Preliminary Injunction doesn't mean they will prevail in a Final Judgement, be it by trial or in a summary.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Read the decision from the judge. The Fat Lady hasn't sung yet. IMHO part of the problem in not getting one was in plaintiff filings . . . perhaps straightjacketed by page count and word count limits. Nevertheless, the judge cited that plaintiffs may eventually prevail at trial or in getting a Summary Judgement, but he wouldn't give a Preliminary Injunction now. Likewise, just because someone gets a Preliminary Injunction doesn't mean they will prevail in a Final Judgement, be it by trial or in a summary.
    The problem is by the time the decision is reached it will be too late for most people.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    The problem is by the time the decision is reached it will be too late for most people.
    This is another example of how little the courts, particularly the lower courts, believe in the rights of the people. If there is a glimmer of hope even, the deference should be to maintain status quo for the people. This is unjust…

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    This is another example of how little the courts, particularly the lower courts, believe in the rights of the people. If there is a glimmer of hope even, the deference should be to maintain status quo for the people. This is unjust…
    We just have to get better at judge shopping like the left does.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    How difficult is it to swap out?
    Same process as changing a 5.56 barrel on an AR-15. Need a bench mounted vice, upper receiver blocks and barrel wrench for removal. Need all that and a torque wrench and AeroShell grease for installation of the new barrel. Since 9mm is blowback, there is no need to mess with a gas tube. Plenty of vids on YT that show the process.

Reactions: wcd

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Same process as changing a 5.56 barrel on an AR-15. Need a bench mounted vice, upper receiver blocks and barrel wrench for removal. Need all that and a torque wrench and AeroShell grease for installation of the new barrel. Since 9mm is blowback, there is no need to mess with a gas tube. Plenty of vids on YT that show the process.
    What is a good barrel wrench? I don't want to pay for the best one ever, just one that will work without bending or breaking.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    :lol2: ^^^^^:lol2:
    This. Brownell's has tutorial videos on just about everything.

Holding the upper receiver properly is a must to prevent damaging it. Ensure the grease is Aeroshell 33MS -- aka Aeroshell 64 -- and that you put it onto all mating surfaces and threads. Armorer's wrench (or crows foot depending on barrel nut) to deal with barrel nut should be about $30. You will need 1/2" drive socket wrench and a 1/2" drive torque wrench to torque the barrel nut down properly. Mil-Spec torque on the M16 barrel nut is 30-85 ft-lbs, but torque range can vary by barrel nut/shroud brand/type. If it doesn't need to be clocked for a gas tube to get over or through it, about 40-50 ft-lb does the job. More is overkill. Before buying the wrench, take the shroud off and look at the barrel nut. Some barrel nuts are specific to the shroud and are not "generic". Then buy the wrench to fit it. I've got several different barrel nuts on my uppers and not all of them can be removed or installed with a "generic" armorer's wrench.

Last edited:

Fixer

Expert
    Rating - 96.4%
    26   1   1
    Nov 22, 2009
    Fort Wayne Area
    What is a good barrel wrench? I don't want to pay for the best one ever, just one that will work without bending or breaking.
    Most will work good depending on your barrel nut. You will want to confirm that and get a vice block. The vice block will keep you from bending or breaking things. Wheeler Upper Receiver action rod is a nice one that isn't super expensive.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    But you will also need an 8oz buffer weight to slow the cycle rate down to function properly. If not it can function like a Thompson SMG

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    But you will also need an 8oz buffer weight to slow the cycle rate down to function properly. If not it can function like a Thompson SMG
    My current AR-9 pistol has a heavy buffer and 9mm bolt & carrier. The current 9mm barrel is 12 inches long. I'm replacing the 12 inch barrel with a 16 inch barrel. Then the firearm will be and remain a 9mm rifle.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Interesting.
    TL;DW they voted to override it. Not totally sure what this means. I presume we are back to where we were before the ATF's proposed rule?

Top Bottom