• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    You can gamble on the registry if you want. I'm just going to tell you that this isn't a law, there are no garauntees they won't arrest you for mailing them proof of committing a felony.

Don't talk about it, keep it from prying eyes. The alternative is mailing proof of you committing a felony to an agency known for killing women and children to collect a $200 tax, that posed for pictures over their burning corpses.

Good luck playing simon says with people like this:
    1B0JhRW.png
    quote-i-am-free-no-matter-what-rules-surround-me-if-i-find-them-tolerable-i-tolerate-them-robe...jpg

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011

Attachments

• 58D13C16-FBED-4E41-928D-831DA740CDB8.png
      58D13C16-FBED-4E41-928D-831DA740CDB8.png
      1.1 MB · Views: 57
    Last edited:

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Does question 25 mean that if I start the SBR process, I can keep it as is until approved? I've been thinking about doing anyway so I can add a regular stock and vfg.

I just want to know what is going through the heads of people who think the ATF is going to treat them kindly out of the goodness of their heart?

Where are you getting the idea you're safe if you play along?

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    This is going to be a ****show lol.

They have 4 nfa examiners. 4. This is going to bury the nfa system for decades in backlogs, and what's to stop them from filing felony charges against people who are denied wrongly due to errors trying to rush this entire situation?

This won't end the way stampers are expecting lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    This is going to be a ****show lol.

This won't end the way stampers are expecting lol

One angle I see is that they KNOW this will happen. Just another implementation of Cloward-Piven. Find something you hate and overwhelm the system to destroy it or affect a change you want. They WANT the NFA system to grind to a halt. This intentional.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I just want to know what is going through the heads of people who think the ATF is going to treat them kindly out of the goodness of their heart?

Where are you getting the idea you're safe if you play along?
    Personally I feel that if people are taking the offer for the SBR they are selling their freedom and just, dare I say, traitors to the Constitution. I used to question the 3% figure for the revolutionary war but I can see how that plays out in modern times.
    Don't really care if you agree or not but just felt like saying it and this seemed to be the place.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    Remember when everyone was just using a brace until their stamp came back? Now all of the sudden people are paranoid about getting a stamp. Yes, the brace rule sucks, but there have always been those who get stamps.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I don't like redefining historical definitions to fit a new politically-desired outcome, like "machine gun" and "rifle" have been recently.

That said,
    Given the explicit language of the (proposed) Final Rule and FAQ, if one already owned Title II items and also owned firearms with a stabilizing brace, one might take the opportunity to get a tax-free stamp for a future stock while having legal cover to continue possessing the braced firearm as the NFA Branch works through a pile of new Form 1s (and inevitably legal cases work through the courts).

tackdriver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2010
    The atf has 4 nfa examiners. If even half of the supposed amount of pistol brace owners file for free stamp it's an 80 year backlog....

-edit-

I'll add my opinion to this
    A. This is backdoor gun registration to get a list of owners for future confiscation. Period.

B. If you are a free stamper, you're apart of the problem.
    I'm not sure I really get this. I hear this sentiment a lot, so I give it some room in my head, but I don't get it.

Whether I fill out the form or not, they know I'm a gun owner. There are just tooooo many ways to put that together.

On pistol braces specifically, they could subpoena the major retailers (Midway, Brownell's, Bud's, etc.) and have a pretty good work list right there. They could easily identify those who purchased, but DIDN'T do a Form 1. That would make more sense for a hit list. If they need to get a warrant, or other CYA legal justification, "Here is the proof they bought this. Here is the proof they never got a stamp." is it. Doing the Form 1 REMOVES the justification for an unwelcome visit. If I'm wrong on this, I would like to learn why before I fill out the form.

Five years ago I didn't hear "If you get a License To Carry a Handgun, you're part of the problem". Requiring the license, including the background check, finger prints, notice to local LEO, fees, and being in a database was practically the exact same thing. However, no one was screaming that those who got the LTC were part of the problem. On the contrary, even some great INGO'ers would need to see an LTC to sell a shotgun.

I think there is ample and strong legal argument that both LTC and the NFA SBR are unconstitutional infringements. That's a related but different topic.

If, or when, we get to the point of gov't sweeping confiscations of firearms, we have a much bigger problem, and a different solution. This solution will be more justifiable and reasonable if the people and items they come after were in full compliance with the law when they were obtained.

I can appreciate your opinion "A", and have thought it often myself, but as I think through this, I just can't see how getting the stamp changes much ... beyond one more time I had to go along with something I thought was wrong, and comply with stupidity.

Top Bottom