• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    I am reminded of these two principles regarding our rights as citizens.

“A law repugnant to the Constitution is void. An act of Congress repugnant to the Constitution cannot become a law. The Constitution supersedes all other laws and the individual’s rights shall be liberally enforced in favor of him, the clearly intended and expressly designated beneficiary.”
    –Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137 (1803)

A State may not impose a charge for the enjoyment of a right granted by the Federal Constitution.
    Murdock v. Pennsylvania

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Folks on the other side and even our side of this could get dug in on this, before realizing how bad it is, justifying their own words and actions. Once set in, a lot won't give in to admit being wrong. :twocents:
    This is true about everything. Once dug in, folks don't reason. People are such funny critters.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I was thinking of getting something like this...
    would this be considered verboten under the ban?
    Thordson weld
    I would say probably so. Despite their "assurance" at the bottom of that page.

ATF ADVISORY
    The Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco Firearms and Explosives, Technology Branch has affirmed that the Thordsen Customs Buffer Tube Cover/CAA Saddle combination is a CHEEK REST and IS NOT a "rifle stock". It DOES NOT reclassify an AR/AK type "Pistol" as a "short barreled rifle" under definitions established by the National Firearms Act of 1934 or the Gun Control Act of 1968. However, BATFE does specifically warn that any misuse of, or modification to, this configuration that may cause a firearm to be used outside of its design parameters, such as being shoulder fired, may change its classification and may make a firearm subject to NFA and GCA regulations and/or illegal to possess. Click on the links below to read the letters to and from ATF.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    The process they outlined to get a free SBR stamp seemed risky in many ways. If I wanted a SBR, I would get a normal SBR the normal way. It isn't worth a felony, fines in the 250,000 range, 10 years in prison, etc. etc. to avoid a $200 tax. Most will either remove the brace making it a legal pistol, or add a 16 in or longer upper making it a rifle temporarily. You can go from a pistol to a rifle and back again, but you can't go from an original rifle configuration to a pistol. The Thompson Center Fire pistol was the test case that is a good example to look at. If you buy a Thompson single shot pistol, you can add a rifle length barrel and a stock. If you wish to go back to a pistol, you remove the stock. If you purchase it on your form 4473 as a rifle, you cannot remove the stock and put a short barrel on it and call it a pistol. I would make any braced pistols a pistol or a rifle and wait for the courts to correct them. Then you should be able to put the brace back on.

After all, disabled people have a right to shoot a heavy pistol too. Lawfare works in both directions sometimes.
    Hearing from some much more in tune that just removing the brace will not satisfy the rule. Hope I am incorrect.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have two questions:

1) If I have an fx9 I bought in factory configuration with a pistol brace, it now needs registered to be legal?

2) I'm technically disabled and struggle to hold a pistol properly, does that mean I can legally possess a brace without registering it? I'm guessing my disability doesn't figure in at all and the brace, if I had one, would need registered but maybe I could still have it?

You can gamble on the registry if you want. I'm just going to tell you that this isn't a law, there are no garauntees they won't arrest you for mailing them proof of committing a felony.

Don't talk about it, keep it from prying eyes. The alternative is mailing proof of you committing a felony to an agency known for killing women and children to collect a $200 tax, that posed for pictures over their burning corpses.

Good luck playing simon says with people like this:
    1B0JhRW.png

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    And I just had 2 PSA pistol kits delivered yesterday afternoon, I am not ****ing joking.

Will hold off on theses builds and not disassembling anything built until I see how this thing shakes out.

Much thanks to Kelly for the letter. I will get it sent out right away.

PRasko

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 3, 2013
    Amish country
    The atf has 4 nfa examiners. If even half of the supposed amount of pistol brace owners file for free stamp it's an 80 year backlog....

-edit-

I'll add my opinion to this
    A. This is backdoor gun registration to get a list of owners for future confiscation. Period.

B. If you are a free stamper, you're apart of the problem.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    sure did

already have all the fixins...lol

i'm hoping scotus gives the atf the business. just like with "bump" stocks.

doesn't matter to me either way though

i want a midget 300blk i'm going to buy/build me a midget 300blk
    SCOTUS hasn't settled the bump stock issue. That was just the 5th Circuit Court.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    SCOTUS hasn't settled the bump stock issue. That was just the 5th Circuit Court.
    you're right. i stand corrected, sir.

either way...imma doos wat i gots to doos.

i believe this is a two (or more) part win for the anti freedom people

1. they get owners to self report and do the work of creating the long wanted database

2. a lot of people will still pay the $200 to avoid the "free" database

i don't recall hearing about anyone specifically prosecuted for a bumpstock, non registered sbr, or any of the other assinine rules the atf have issued.

hell...they don't even go after 4473 violators

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    you're right. i stand corrected, sir.

either way...imma doos wat i gots to doos.

i believe this is a two (or more) part win for the anti freedom people

1. they get owners to self report and do the work of creating the long wanted database

2. a lot of people will still pay the $200 to avoid the "free" database

i don't recall hearing about anyone specifically prosecuted for a bumpstock, non registered sbr, or any of the other assinine rules the atf have issued.

hell...they don't even go after 4473 violators
    *eta

3. the atf then sends the self reporters a "request" for the $200 anyway

Top Bottom