• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Is this the same confiscation list all other nfa items are on or a new one?
    Does it matter?
    Just look to our Fascist neighbors to the north and Herr Prettyboy. They allowed the guns, but required registration back in the day.

Now that they've banned the guns, and thanks to that registration, they can account for all* the guns in the upstanding polite citizens' subjects' hands.

You cant confiscate what you dont know about.

*all the upstanding citizens registered. criminals didnt. Now only the criminals have guns.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Anyone who has filled out a 4473 is now registered, or will be once the business turns them in.
    The NFA list is the confiscate first list.
    Some may literally get to Grandfather in because they are now grandpas and bought the guns before they were even parents so the original records got destroyed before they were turned in.

But yeah, anyone who purchased a gun in the last 20 years, or within 20 years of a gun shop's closure are on the list. Which was quietly digitized "to save space" (yeah right) which thanks to AI and OCR is now a searchable list.

edwea

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    New Dolan
    Does it matter?
    I don't know if it does or not. On one hand, I get that this is incrementalism towards gun control whether registration, confiscation, etc. On the other hand, what does it change? We've all filled out 4473s. We've bought hunting licenses. Our cards have been used to purchase guns/ammo/etc online.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I also want to note that anyone dumb enough to mail the ATF proof of a felony shouldn't be surprised when they win a stupid prize. If you trust this current incarnation of the ATF to such a high degree you feel safe mailing them official proof of committing a firearm's related felony, that you think they won't pursue you, you're insane.

If you have a stack of uncompleted lowers and you want some free stamps, have at it.

Plus, what do you think happens if you get denied, when you're already in possession of what they consider an NFA item? If you're doing this with stripped lowers, you have nothing to lose, but a braced pistol? Good luck.

Just because you passed a 4473 doesn't mean you'll pass the NFA check. I have a friend who discovered this first hand and it took about $12k with a lawyer, plus a few years, to get that straightened out.

This is a fishing expedition. And it's not going to work as simple as you think it will.
    Proof of felony possession + failed NFA check = getting rolled up at 3am. And there's going to be tens of thousands of people who they'll be able to go after any time they feel like it.

This isn't a law that has been passed by congress, this is the ATF just doing what ever they can get away with. Remember that when you try to compare this to 1986.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Just because you passed a 4473 doesn't mean you'll pass the NFA check. I have a friend who discovered this first hand and it took about $12k with a lawyer, plus a few years, to get that straightened out.
    Curious if you could share the details on that?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Curious if you could share the details on that?

Never had issues before buying firearms on 4473s, but the NFA process turned up a drunk driving charge from 30 years ago that had been expunged, but apparently they didn't get the memo.

So he had to pursue the expungement process over again, on his own dime.

And it didn't go through properly on the first couple tries.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So what are the odds they get smacked down given all the recent pro 2A results in SCOTUS?

My .02 is dont register, remove the brace and store separately (maybe even boxed up and sealed with tape for good measure) and wait patiently for a reversal/neutering by the courts. The free registration just smells of a trap* to me. Too good to be true. When was the last time you saw .gov pass over revenue? They are not good natured nor generous (unless they are spending your tax dollars) by default.

*long term or short term results depending on how much tinfoil you choose.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    So what are the odds they get smacked down given all the recent pro 2A results in SCOTUS?

My .02 is dont register, remove the brace and store separately (maybe even boxed up and sealed with tape for good measure) and wait patiently for a reversal/neutering by the courts. The free registration just smells of a trap* to me. Too good to be true. When was the last time you saw .gov pass over revenue? They are not good natured nor generous (unless they are spending your tax dollars) by default.

*long term or short term results depending on how much tinfoil you choose.

Removing it isn't sufficient.

The firearm must be modified so that a brace can never be installed again. What ever that might entail.

Read the rule if you don't believe me, that's pretty much textually what it says.

Safest legal bet is to do what everyone did with their machine guns. Stuff it somewhere away from prying eyes, shut up about it, and don't go posting pictures of it online.

Just remember, this is not a law like 1986 was. There's no guarantee for this "amnesty."
    You're at the mercy of the most anti-gun anti-american people on earth as to whether you catch 10-20 years in prison, after forfeiting your 5th amendment rights.

Top Bottom