• Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Interesting.
    TL;DW they voted to override it. Not totally sure what this means. I presume we are back to where we were before the ATF's proposed rule?

Sending a law out of committee does not make it law.

It will take 66 votes in the Senate to override veto, which won't happen. I don't think the GOP will even have the spine to pass it in the House. Somebody will do another mass shooting and they'll clam up and scurry back into their offices.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

It will take 66 votes in the Senate to override veto, which won't happen. I don't think the GOP will even have the spine to pass it in the House. Somebody will do another mass shooting and they'll clam up and scurry back into their offices.
    This is all theater. NOTHING will happen with this.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Cloture requires 60 votes. I don't believe this needs cloture. I'm confident it will pass the House. However, it won't pass the Senate if it requires 60 vote Cloture. Biden would veto it if it did, and neither chamber has the 2/3 veto override. Nevertheless, getting through the House should send a message about the sense of Congress to the various Federal District Courts in which cases are pending. I watched the two hour Judiciary Committee "Markup" session. It was extreme theater on the part of the Democrats, with only about half of their representation on the committee present as they knew they couldn't stop it from passing out of committee. It will be scheduled for House Floor vote sometime soon.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

That entire God forsaken, hell spawned, women and children murdering, dog killing **** sucking, *** licking piece of **** agency needs to be abolished....along with an long list of others.

atf.....scum of the scum. Take an oath to protect and defend the constitution of the united States; spend a career raping it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Witness what passes for leadership.

I may be wrong, and I truly hope I am, but I suspect all this blustering will reveal what they are....a bunch of whores that will roll over once they've been paid enough....and will lay there content while Liberty is being left to rape.

ETA: atf is the spawn of Hell and the scum of scum... Take an oath to defend and protect the constitution of the united States, make a career of raping it.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    My opinion...

If a police officer has the authority to enter my house, he doesn't need me to open the door.

I hear officers often speak on the radio of trying to talk to people who just won't answer the door. They know there are occupants home, but won't come to the door. If there is no obvious criminal stuff going on, they give up and go to the next call. :dunno:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Breaking News:

Southern District of Illinois declares Illinois' recently enacted "PICA" AWB and magazine ban laws unconstitutional and issues Preliminary Injunction barring their enforcement statewide. Of special note, Judge McGlynn also found Pistol Stabilizing Braces to be "protected arms" and state plus federal rules/laws prohibiting them to be unconstitutional:

This is discussed in the following YouTube video:

I have attached a PDF of McGlynn's Preliminary Injunction. Discussion about Pistol Braces begins on page 18. Also note that Illinois is in the 7th Circuit which includes Indiana. Undoubtedly will be appealed to 7th Circuit by Prtizker and his Att'y Gen'l. If upheld there, it will apply to Indiana. Also of note, McGlynn did NOT stay or delay his injunction.

Attachments

• 2023-04-28-Corrected-Order-Granting-MPI Illinois Gun Laws.pdf
      314.5 KB · Views: 7
    Last edited:
    Top Bottom