• ...and so much more!
  • WillH

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2022
    Fort Wayne
    It baffles me every time that they think they could have any chance of enforcing that.

“We can ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in this country once again. I got that done when I was a senator. It passed. It was the law for the longest time. And it brought down these mass killings. We should do it again.”
    — Joe Biden, March 23, 2021

Don't hate me for citing the Washington Post

Nevermind the fact that the article goes on to say that mass shootings actually rose between 1995 and 2004. Meanwhile they'll ignore the fact that dozens of people are shot every weekend in cities like Chicago, L.A., Detroit, etc. Because why would you address an actual problem like inner-city gang violence when you can stir up panic and farm votes by exploiting a fraction of a percentage of murders that are caused by mass shootings?

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    That senile old Biden probably can’t remember his own name on some days and do we really expect him to remember his own words from years ago? Now we see the Democratic idiots in Connecticut pushing for an assault rifle ban 10 years after Sandy Hook. These morons just simply will not accept the fact that the killer there killed his own mother, stole her legally purchased firearms and then went on a murderous rampage. Ask those imbeciles this question: Which of the thousands of “gun control” laws the on the books then or now proposed would have prevented the Sandy Hook slaughter? The correct answer is none. Notwithstanding this correct answer, they would argue that if there was a total ban, the weapon would not have been available in the first place. Seriously? OK, but the killer could have taken any other guns and perpetrated almost if not the same result. Clearly, the Democrats really want to abolish the 2A, confiscate all firearms and create their warped version of a “firearms free utopia”. Sure, right: just look at all the Democrat controlled cities in the USA with all their gun control laws and see what an abject failure the Democrats have foisted upon the citizens they have sworn to protect.
    I apologize for this long rant but I needed to ventilate and lower my blood pressure a bit. Thank you!

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    That senile old Biden probably can’t remember his own name on some days and do we really expect him to remember his own words from years ago? Now we see the Democratic idiots in Connecticut pushing for an assault rifle ban 10 years after Sandy Hook. These morons just simply will not accept the fact that the killer there killed his own mother, stole her legally purchased firearms and then went on a murderous rampage. Ask those imbeciles this question: Which of the thousands of “gun control” laws the on the books then or now proposed would have prevented the Sandy Hook slaughter? The correct answer is none. Notwithstanding this correct answer, they would argue that if there was a total ban, the weapon would not have been available in the first place. Seriously? OK, but the killer could have taken any other guns and perpetrated almost if not the same result. Clearly, the Democrats really want to abolish the 2A, confiscate all firearms and create their warped version of a “firearms free utopia”. Sure, right: just look at all the Democrat controlled cities in the USA with all their gun control laws and see what an abject failure the Democrats have foisted upon the citizens they have sworn to protect.
    I apologize for this long rant but I needed to ventilate and lower my blood pressure a bit. Thank you!

Yup. Blue cities: refuse to protect citizens, confiscate the means by which citizens can protect themselves. Helpless and afraid but they keep voting for it.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Proof gun control and confiscation will not stop mass shootings.

Include this video or reference this shooting in Australia every time you contact your representative, and senators.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    OK. So for a moment, let's say that you (the dems, not you, bgcatty) can somehow implement a no guns policy. In this hypothetical world, there is not one single gun available to anyone over whom you don't (think you) have control. Not even so much as a cap gun exists outside of government vaults.

And now the next "Sandy Hook" kind of guy comes along, because, you see, people commit evil acts. They just do, especially when they are guano crazy.

So our little criminal decides to kill his mother and steal her car keys, and drives into the side of the new elementary school / children's prison, killing a few just by the car driving through the bloody wall, and then exits the car with one of the steak knives he stole from her kitchen. Let's even go so far as to say that this knife that he grabbed was the "stab proof"kind sold a few years ago in jolly olde England.... Because he doesn't care if he can stab, he wants to slash their necks open and bathe in their blood.

And seven minutes and 39 seconds after his car hits the building, the little baggie of powdered chlorine dissolves in the container of battery acid he set up....filling the halls with chlorine gas.... and then the cache of pipe bombs in his trunk go off. They're electrically sparked and filled with gasoline. Or lighter fluid. Or whatever.

Every single item I have described is readily available, and takes no background check to obtain.

So WTAF are you gonna ban next?

Because the real problem is not the thing that was used.....it's the crazy mother-effer that decides to use it.

But it warms your little feel-feels to say that the guns are gone, I suppose.

What a shame that no one in that hypothetical world had a Democrat politician there in the classroom where all the children died..... Because THEN there would have been someone there who could SHOOT THE BLOODY CRIMINAL AND STOP HIM BEFORE THE WORST OF IT HAPPENED!

bgcatty, what do you take for your blood pressure? I may need to ask my doc for some.

Blessings,
    Bill

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    OK. So for a moment, let's say that you (the dems, not you, bgcatty) can somehow implement a no guns policy. In this hypothetical world, there is not one single gun available to anyone over whom you don't (think you) have control. Not even so much as a cap gun exists outside of government vaults.

And now the next "Sandy Hook" kind of guy comes along, because, you see, people commit evil acts. They just do, especially when they are guano crazy.

So our little criminal decides to kill his mother and steal her car keys, and drives into the side of the new elementary school / children's prison, killing a few just by the car driving through the bloody wall, and then exits the car with one of the steak knives he stole from her kitchen. Let's even go so far as to say that this knife that he grabbed was the "stab proof"kind sold a few years ago in jolly olde England.... Because he doesn't care if he can stab, he wants to slash their necks open and bathe in their blood.

And seven minutes and 39 seconds after his car hits the building, the little baggie of powdered chlorine dissolves in the container of battery acid he set up....filling the halls with chlorine gas.... and then the cache of pipe bombs in his trunk go off. They're electrically sparked and filled with gasoline. Or lighter fluid. Or whatever.

Every single item I have described is readily available, and takes no background check to obtain.

So WTAF are you gonna ban next?

Because the real problem is not the thing that was used.....it's the crazy mother-effer that decides to use it.

But it warms your little feel-feels to say that the guns are gone, I suppose.

What a shame that no one in that hypothetical world had a Democrat politician there in the classroom where all the children died..... Because THEN there would have been someone there who could SHOOT THE BLOODY CRIMINAL AND STOP HIM BEFORE THE WORST OF IT HAPPENED!

bgcatty, what do you take for your blood pressure? I may need to ask my doc for some.

Blessings,
    Bill
    Bill, Lots of really good single malt scotch and bourbon to answer your thoughtful question. I just can’t stand the stupidity of the libtards on “gun control”! It’s the criminals we have to concentrate on nailing; not law abiding gun owners.
    Thanks for your eloquent response to my post. The problem is the gun control people just will not face the truth that bad people kill people, they just happen to use guns which are inanimate objects.
    Thanks again, bgcatty

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Well Biden did it again, this time during his State of the Union address, screaming for the ban on "assault weapons". And of course he brought up the worthless Clinton ban that he so proudly takes credit for.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    The poop state of Washington classifies any non pump, single shot or lever action rifle as the mythical “assault “.
    Even single shot guns can be reloaded quickly if handled enough time. A few years ago, me and a buddy were out squirrel hunting. I had a single shot 16ga and he had a marlin 60. I shot a squirrel 30 feet up a hudge ass oak tree. Was a bad hit an knew it. By the time the squirrel hit the ground, i already had another round chambered ready for a follow shot. Didnt need to pop another round, but my buddy couldn't believe how fast i reloaded the break barrel.

Pepi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 7, 2010
    Hartford City 47348
    It baffles me every time that they think they could have any chance of enforcing that.

“We can ban assault weapons and high-capacity magazines in this country once again. I got that done when I was a senator. It passed. It was the law for the longest time. And it brought down these mass killings. We should do it again.”
    — Joe Biden, March 23, 2021

Don't hate me for citing the Washington Post

Nevermind the fact that the article goes on to say that mass shootings actually rose between 1995 and 2004. Meanwhile they'll ignore the fact that dozens of people are shot every weekend in cities like Chicago, L.A., Detroit, etc. Because why would you address an actual problem like inner-city gang violence when you can stir up panic and farm votes by exploiting a fraction of a percentage of murders that are caused by mass shootings?
    BiDUMB claimed a lot of lies in that so-called speech

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Its Friday. No comment... TGIF! There has to be something either illegal or unfair about those legs in the courtroom. :nailbite:

Taylor-Emily-Specialty-Headshot-Full-Res_.webp

Last edited:

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    Not going anywhere in Congress. The current House wouldn't pass it and it would never get past 60 vote Cloture in the Senate. Any and all bills banning anything introduced in House or Senate are DOA. They're used to get a political base running around in circles with their hair on fire donating campaign money.

carry205

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2017
    Florissant
    I know this is just so much…gigo …but it still incenses me to no end. The lying jackass that inhabits the Oval Office said yesterday, ”that come hell or high water, he is going to ban assault weapons, and high capacity magazines “, that the ban worked before, and will work again.
    I’m sick to death of hearing his drivel. He can go to hell. What else should we expect out of this p.o.s.? He is like Voldemort, “he who shall not be named”. Democrats gonna democrat.

Top Bottom