• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    So, gunfire has once again broken out as Muslim Brotherhood supporters take to the streets in Egypt:

Islamist ?Day of Rage?: Gunfire breaks out as Muslim Brotherhood supporters take to the streets in Egypt [pics] | Twitchy

Death tolls are once again in the multi-hundreds in a post-coup Egypt.

Washington Post has turned on the President (in more than one way), with a scathing commentary on how he has handled Egypt:

Jackson Diehl: Obama?s dangerous passivity on Egypt on display - The Washington Post

Today is apparently the "Day of Anger", so it's likely to not be pretty

Friday of Anger | Egypt | Muslim Brotherhood | LIVE video

Tear gas fired, shooting heard in main Cairo square where pro-Morsi protests are underway - Reuters

Last edited:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Let's see...

Ousted Islamist Muslim Brotherhood supporters fighting and being killed by possibly corrupt military leaders of a more secular government.

Somebody needs to tell me why I should care? The U.S. needs to sit this one out.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Let's see...

Ousted Islamist Muslim Brotherhood supporters fighting and being killed by possibly corrupt military leaders of a more secular government.

Somebody needs to tell me why I should care? The U.S. needs to sit this one out.

Frankly, I wouldn't care except the military/secularists are likely to keep the peace with Israel, while the Morsi/Islamists would re-start (have ALREADY re-started) the conflict between Egypt and Israel. Got enough conflict over there now, don't need anymore.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I agree. We need to sit this out for multiple reasons.

Im furious with the administration refusing to call it what it is... a coup. Why not? Well, if they wont admit on the record that its a coup they can continue to honor deals to sell and mostly GIVE weapons to them. By law they are prohibited from doing business with a country who's elected leaders have been deposed by the military, AKA a coup.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    I agree. We need to sit this out for multiple reasons.

Im furious with the administration refusing to call it what it is... a coup. Why not? Well, if they wont admit on the record that its a coup they can continue to honor deals to sell and mostly GIVE weapons to them. By law they are prohibited from doing business with a country who's elected leaders have been deposed by the military, AKA a coup.

So are you more annoyed that we are providing weaponry or that the Military overthrew what was turning out to be an oppressive Islamist government that many vs most Egyptian people felt was overstepping its mandate, deliberately baiting us, deliberately baiting Israel, and allowing persecution of non-islamic faiths?

Because I too feel we give out weaponry to many countries a little too freely, but I think the recent revolution was a necessity if the Egyptian people were to maintain any sense of freedom. I don't think we need to get involved, but I hope the people there get what they deserve.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Let's see...

Uuuuhhhh, guys.... Didn't we start that war by taking out Mubarak and installing Morsi in the first place. Where was the outcry then?

We are also technically breaking the law by funding a government that originated as a military coup.
    But who cares cause there's seemingly absolutely NO rules if you're on the 'winning' team. BULL!
    "We cannot fight to crush Nazi brutality abroad and condone race riots at home." Henry Wallace
    and this was in the 40's.

Protesters-in-Cairo-Fight-Back-1-Kopie.jpg

29CAIRO1-articleLarge.jpg

article-2392992-1B4AA01E000005DC-551_964x632.jpg

Have things changed brothers and sisters?

Top Bottom