Never thought I'd see the day cordless tool would compete with 1" pneumatic impacts

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Riflemen14

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    Wells County
    The power these cordless tools can do is impressive. The shop where I work, Milwaukee is used by many of us mechanics. And cordless can out perform air powered tools.

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Last month I bought a new Milwaukee 2767-22 Fuel High Torque 1/2" Impact Wrench. Very pleased with the power and light weight of this tool. A few years ago I invested in a new 1/2" Ingersoll air impact gun and 3/8" air ratchet. I don't see myself using them much with the freedom the Milwaulkee offers even in a three car garage with a Reelcraft air hose reel.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I own 2 Milwaukee 1/2" impacts. The big one and the little one. The little one easily does lug nuts on my cars which I torque to 100 ft/lbs. The big one will break some s**t if you're not careful with it. The only thing I've ever used it on that it wouldn't budge was the axel bolt on my Audi when I had a bad wheel bearing. The torque spec for that is 200ft/lb+90 degrees. It took a breaker bar with a 6' pipe and my 215 pounds of arse hanging on it to break that loose.

My Milwaukee M18 collection is pretty ridiculous. In addition to drills, drivers, and impacts I have work lights, a finish nailer, a angle grinder, a sawsall, and hammer drill/breaker that's like a mini jackhammer.

My son works for Hilti. Their cordless stuff blows away the Milwaukee M18 tools, but it also costs 2-3X as much.

They just came out with a battery powered concrete saw that's the equivalent of their 60cc gas saw.
    9718562652190.jpg

ancjr

1 Kings 18:17-18 KJV
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    I own 2 Milwaukee 1/2" impacts. The big one and the little one. The little one easily does lug nuts on my cars which I torque to 100 ft/lbs. The big one will break some s**t if you're not careful with it. The only thing I've ever used it on that it wouldn't budge was the axel bolt on my Audi when I had a bad wheel bearing. The torque spec for that is 200ft/lb+90 degrees. It took a breaker bar with a 6' pipe and my 215 pounds of arse hanging on it to break that loose.

My Milwaukee M18 collection is pretty ridiculous. In addition to drills, drivers, and impacts I have work lights, a finish nailer, a angle grinder, a sawsall, and hammer drill/breaker that's like a mini jackhammer.

My son works for Hilti. Their cordless stuff blows away the Milwaukee M18 tools, but it also costs 2-3X as much.

They just came out with a battery powered concrete saw that's the equivalent of their 60cc gas saw.
    9718562652190.jpg

Dad had Hilti screw gun and a Stihl concrete saw.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Back when I was in the market for an impact, Hilti was the first place I looked, but I couldn’t really justify the cost for the amount of usage. I love Hilti tools, but since I don’t need them to make a living anymore, I’ll have to do without.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Battery powered tools have definitely come a long way. I have a lot of legacy Dewalt stuff and having a hard time upgrading to newer tools but have a couple of m12 and m18 Milwaukee tools that run circles around my old Dewalt stuff. Sigh. Guess I'll continue transitioning to contemporary battery powered tools.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I have a few small battery powered tools(drill, small impact driver) but my stuff is mostly corded. I see people in commercial settings using battery powered a lot.

I will probably replace my corded stuff as it dies with battery powered but so far other than my router dying last year, everything else is not showing signs of wearing out or breaking down.

It may not happen in my lifetime, lol. And I can imagine my kids/grandkids looking at my tools saying, "boy, lookie here, grandpa had some of those durn tools with cords on them. You actually had to plug these in!";)

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    Dad having such junky cordless tools is why I swore off cordless tools for years. The first cordless tool I got was a Milwaukee 1/4 impact for $40 at a yard sale. No way was I going to pay full retail for something that might not work for me. So that got me started on the Milwaukee system. Wasn't impressed with the leaf blower here for rural use, but I can see urbanites getting a lot of use out of it.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    We started at work with the 7.2v Makita hotdog batteries in a clutched drill and now I have what was the strongest Fuel 18v impact as of 5 years ago. I remember the 9.2v makita circular saws that were good for cutting a cardboard box and not much else and now I have a 6 inch fuel circular saw. It has been quite an improvement. I think I am now on my 6th battery system.

ancjr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2021
    Washington County
    We started at work with the 7.2v Makita hotdog batteries in a clutched drill and now I have what was the strongest Fuel 18v impact as of 5 years ago. I remember the 9.2v makita circular saws that were good for cutting a cardboard box and not much else and now I have a 6 inch fuel circular saw. It has been quite an improvement. I think I am now on my 6th battery system.

You're right it was 7.2v to start with. I assumed it was 9. The NiCd batteries that you had to baby or they wouldn't hold a charge. b10acfa08c2404c31140f31eb4150613.png

Last edited:

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    Milwaukee fan here. Love dewalt but batteries at work came up missing. Went to Milwaukee and haven't had an issue. Love the surge impact.

My Milwaukee also gets to claim it shot a 2 inch screw through my finger... did it with ease

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It is amazing what batteries can do today.

I have a DeWalt framing nailer and a 9ga fencing Stapler. Amazing tools for maintaining my fences

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    For sure... We picked up a 1/2" Ryobi impact thats rated at 300 ft-lbs. Best $99 I've spent. A toy compared to the pro tools but we've not found a lug nut it will not remove for us. Great at removing the blade spindle nuts on our Scags.

Top Bottom