Never going to purchase a Glock. My never say never moment has occurred.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Took me around 20 years of shooting handguns before finally buying a Glock. It was a used G42 bought here on the classifieds. Nice little pistol except it was not reliable with Federal FMJ. Later picked up a G48 as it felt better in my hand than any double stack Glock. Did finally end up with a "fat" grip Glock , a Gen 5 G34 MOS - a surprisingly accurate 9mm. Finally a G43X MOS , usually shoot my P365X more so that one will most likely be traded or sold. Although it is the only one of the 4 Glocks that has not malfunctioned. I don't see buying any more Glocks in the future but I never thought I'd even own one.
    You must've accidentally sprinkled water on that 42...or fed it after midnight

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I’ve got a gen 4 17 that I frankly cannot ever sell. I shoot it fairly well, but I do not carry it.
    I’ve bought 10 mags for it which all fit in my 26. Utilitarian purposes alone dictates that will keep it.

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Hopefully it serves you well. I am enjoying my G22 more than I thought. Plus being able to switch to 9mm is a nice plus.

Surprised to see how many people think glocks are absolute junk. I get their grips are steep and the sights are plastic..... But they wouldn't be the most popular firearm in police departments if they weren't up to the task. Be real folks.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach
    The Glock G22 is a backup to the FNP-40. Home defense maybe down the line once I get some rounds through it. Right now, the Magnum Research BDE III in 45 ACP is king of home defense.

Glock has been around, multiple good reviews and is versatile in form and function. I like the 40S&W round. If the FNP-40 has a function failure, at the very least, the G22 can step into the fold.

Otherwise, our family is covered.

Appreciate the comments!

IMO, you really start to develop an appreciation for Glocks as you own and/or shoot different models from different generations in different calibers. There’s a level of consistency that you don’t typically find between models from the same manufacturer, so training with one is like training with most of them. Grip angle doesn’t change, triggers are consistent between models within a generation (and close enough between generations), and reliability has been exactly as advertised in my experience.

They’re just boringly predictable, which I’ve found to be perfect for my self-defense needs. I can put a G22 in the nightstand, a G19 in the center console, and a G36 on my hip; the only difference I need to account for is the recoil impulse.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I always said "life is too short to carry an ugly gun." I was at a "Guns Save Life" meeting and I did buy a chance on the gun being given away that night, a Glock 26. I always buy a ticket at every meeting just as a donation. I won the "26" and caught he77 from my friends who also offered to buy it from me cheap. Well I kept it and it is a very nice and reliable firearm. It is still ugly but gets carried a lot. Jim.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    You know if Glock made a line of Glocks that had the 1911 grip angle, and used the same slides, and parts they would probably pretty much take over almost all striker fired polymer gun sales.
    Rock Island has done that with their STK 100, and an aluminum frame, I liked mine...til I found a trade I couldn't live without......

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    You know if Glock made a line of Glocks that had the 1911 grip angle, and used the same slides, and parts they would probably pretty much take over almost all striker fired polymer gun sales.
    Close enough??? Just sayin'...

J4bkahg.jpg

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    The Glock G22 is a backup to the FNP-40. Home defense maybe down the line once I get some rounds through it. Right now, the Magnum Research BDE III in 45 ACP is king of home defense.

Glock has been around, multiple good reviews and is versatile in form and function. I like the 40S&W round. If the FNP-40 has a function failure, at the very least, the G22 can step into the fold.

Otherwise, our family is covered.

Appreciate the comments!
    G27 with G23 mags here, grip extenders and you have a fistful of whoopass !

Top Bottom