Never going to purchase a Glock. My never say never moment has occurred.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Longer story shortened. Inherited two semiautomatic pistols last year. My collection was complete for my needs.
    Decided the FNP-40 needed a back up carry option.
    Searched high and low on the internet and at my local Lafayette,IN FFL for a solid back up.

Decided to go with the G22 Gen5 MOS. Traded two pistols that I don't shoot for one that I most definitely will.

I believe I could have got more on the open market but the trade was simple. Still didn't leave the store before they got me for a Holosun 507K. Ordered a optics plate for the holosun that mates up to the G22 MOS. It should arrive via USPS this Friday. Range day at Willow-Slough Shooting Range upcoming.

Glock included a 4 optics plate set in the box but nothing that fits the Holosun 507K.

Lesson. Never say Never.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    The Glock G22 is a backup to the FNP-40. Home defense maybe down the line once I get some rounds through it. Right now, the Magnum Research BDE III in 45 ACP is king of home defense.

Glock has been around, multiple good reviews and is versatile in form and function. I like the 40S&W round. If the FNP-40 has a function failure, at the very least, the G22 can step into the fold.

Otherwise, our family is covered.

Appreciate the comments!

tmcindy

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2014
    Avon, IN
    The Glock G22 is a backup to the FNP-40. Home defense maybe down the line once I get some rounds through it. Right now, the Magnum Research BDE III in 45 ACP is king of home defense.

Glock has been around, multiple good reviews and is versatile in form and function. I like the 40S&W round. If the FNP-40 has a function failure, at the very least, the G22 can step into the fold.

Otherwise, our family is covered.

Appreciate the comments!
    Wow, I figured the Baby Eagles were hella expensive. Just found out they're not.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    BDE III are not bad. I think I got mine early this year for 720.00. I had sold my S&W Governor and used the funds to purchase the BDEIII. The magazines were a bit higher on cost than I wanted but so is the gallon of gasoline today in West Lafayette ($5.22, premium, Meijer). It is what it is under the days we live in.

purdue98

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2015
    West Lafayette, Indiana
    Honestly, couldn't find one. I looked around the internet but not much success.

FNP-40 not made anymore. FNH went FNS-40

Glock offers some flexibility in the MOS platform even though it is a striker fired.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Took me around 20 years of shooting handguns before finally buying a Glock. It was a used G42 bought here on the classifieds. Nice little pistol except it was not reliable with Federal FMJ. Later picked up a G48 as it felt better in my hand than any double stack Glock. Did finally end up with a "fat" grip Glock , a Gen 5 G34 MOS - a surprisingly accurate 9mm. Finally a G43X MOS , usually shoot my P365X more so that one will most likely be traded or sold. Although it is the only one of the 4 Glocks that has not malfunctioned. I don't see buying any more Glocks in the future but I never thought I'd even own one.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    You know if Glock made a line of Glocks that had the 1911 grip angle, and used the same slides, and parts they would probably pretty much take over almost all striker fired polymer gun sales.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    You know if Glock made a line of Glocks that had the 1911 grip angle, and used the same slides, and parts they would probably pretty much take over almost all striker fired polymer gun sales.
    I'm not sure they'd be interested based on the fact they sell more striker fired guns than every other manufacturer year in and year out.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have traded in and out of Glocks. Even if you don't like them they are not bad. I did break a frame lug on one of my own and we split a slide on one at the shop. They generally are reliable.

Never apologize when you buy something you want. It does not matter if you have it for a month or the rest of your life, today, you got to buy a new gun.

Top Bottom