• ...and so much more!
  • Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I've made the rounds with all the major electrician companies, and they all come out, take one look at it, and tell me they don't know how to fix it. Guess there aren't a lot of generator repair techs out there.

What it is: Generac 20kw propane generator.
    The Issue: It has an overcrank warning and speed varies

It's been serviced before - we do an annual inspection of the unit. Ran fine until a couple weeks ago. Now it tries to turn over and just times out. Cranks fine, spark plugs are good, etc. Had one company out and after admitting he knew nothing about it, told me he could do a full rebuild of the gyroscopic mimbley bimbley at $150 per hour, because that's what his book said to do. Yeah, no thanks on the total guesswork.

If anyone knows these generators and wants to fix it (or suggest someone that can), I'll pay reasonable rates, trade you for any ammo you need, heck, you name it.

Just need someone that can work on a generator and knows what they're doing.

Thanks all !

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    335   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    574 753 8889
    This is the outfit I use, Generac certified techs. New schooling ea. year. There are some electronic upgrades (mine anyway) that solved that exact issue. Good luck.
    Appreciate the suggestion. I left them a VM, but they're 2.5hrs away from us, so doubtful the drive would be worth it for them. Waiting on a call back.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've had good luck with the Meadows guys, if they seem reluctant to travel that far you can always offer extra. No harm in trying.

Top Bottom