• edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Hi,
    I'm looking for somebody in the NW Marion, NE Hendricks, SW Boone County area who works on water wells and equipment to replace an above ground jet pump and pressure tank for a reasonable price.
    Would appreciate any advice and recommendations. Thanks

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    The folks I used to redig my well when the pump fused to the casing evidently went out of business, but I always hear a lot about and see signs for C&J well services. I installed the pressure tank and all the ancillary indoor stuff myself for about $300, if I remember right. That stuff isn't all that complicated, and Menards/Lowe's sell all the pieces to build up the whole system. My pump was a submersible 125' down, so there was no doing the pump myself.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    The folks I used to redig my well when the pump fused to the casing evidently went out of business, but I always hear a lot about and see signs for C&J well services. I installed the pressure tank and all the ancillary indoor stuff myself for about $300, if I remember right. That stuff isn't all that complicated, and Menards/Lowe's sell all the pieces to build up the whole system. My pump was a submersible 125' down, so there was no doing the pump myself.
    Thanks for the reply.
    I understand how it works and see what needs to be done.
    The problem is, I'm too big to get where I need to be to do it. :)
    An average size person would have little trouble.

I had C&J out to look at it, and they quote a price of $3700 JUST to begin.
    And when I look at the retail price to me of a Myers HJ50D jet pump, and a Flex-Lite well tank, which I'm sure C&J would get for a lesser price than I can get, $3700 JUST to begin is unreasonable.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    Thanks for the reply.
    I understand how it works and see what needs to be done.
    The problem is, I'm too big to get where I need to be to do it. :)
    An average size person would have little trouble.

I had C&J out to look at it, and they quote a price of $3700 JUST to begin.
    And when I look at the retail price to me of a Myers HJ50D jet pump, and a Flex-Lite well tank, which I'm sure C&J would get for a lesser price than I can get, $3700 JUST to begin is unreasonable.
    Actually, I just looked and Hamilton Brothers, the people I used, do still exist. They used to be located on Rockville Road in Indy, don't know exactly where they are now. Back in 2006, they drilled a 125' deep well, installed the submersible pump and ran the 1" pvc pipe to a new location in the house for, if I recall correctly, $5000. Mine WAS in the crawl space, and I moved the tank and everything to a utility room where I can get to it. Might try them for a second opinion.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Actually, I just looked and Hamilton Brothers, the people I used, do still exist. They used to be located on Rockville Road in Indy, don't know exactly where they are now. Back in 2006, they drilled a 125' deep well, installed the submersible pump and ran the 1" pvc pipe to a new location in the house for, if I recall correctly, $5000. Mine WAS in the crawl space, and I moved the tank and everything to a utility room where I can get to it. Might try them for a second opinion.
    OK thank you.
    I'll look into them.

hammerd13

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Hi,
    I'm looking for somebody in the NW Marion, NE Hendricks, SW Boone County area who works on water wells and equipment to replace an above ground jet pump and pressure tank for a reasonable price.
    Would appreciate any advice and recommendations. Thanks
    I'm not sure if this company will travel to your specific area, but they do great work. They are located on NE side of Indy.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I had C&J install a new 22 gal. pressure tank, check valve and new riser cap (mine was cracked outside). Total was $1405.00. This was in May of 2020.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I called CJ out to look at my well when the pump wouldn’t bring up water. They wanted just over $2000 more than Hamilton brothers and that did not include the constant pressure system I had installed. CJ is fast and efficient with commercials and lots of staff but that obviously comes at a price. If you want the flashy service and highest price then call CJ! This was in 2019. I will warn you that the Hamilton brothers truck leaks hydro fluid so if you have a spotless driveway have them park in the grass.

Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I had C&J install a new 22 gal. pressure tank, check valve and new riser cap (mine was cracked outside). Total was $1405.00. This was in May of 2020.
    Thanks for the info. :-)
    C&J sounds like they do good work, but in checking them out, and talking to some friends, they do seem to be high priced.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Thanks for the info. :-)
    C&J sounds like they do good work, but in checking them out, and talking to some friends, they do seem to be high priced.
    I kind of stumbled onto them by accident and just didn't check around anymore. I called the number on my old control switch that had been installed by another company years before, and apparently C&J must have bought them out because when I called that number, I was connected with C&J. I was very happy with their work, but now I'm kind of wishing I had called around more. :ugh:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I called CJ out to look at my well when the pump wouldn’t bring up water. They wanted just over $2000 more than Hamilton brothers and that did not include the constant pressure system I had installed. CJ is fast and efficient with commercials and lots of staff but that obviously comes at a price. If you want the flashy service and highest price then call CJ! This was in 2019. I will warn you that the Hamilton brothers truck leaks hydro fluid so if you have a spotless driveway have them park in the grass.
    I called Hamilton Brothers, and they seem OK in talking to them.
    They first thing they did was have me check something before having them come out so I could save paying for an unneeded service call.

They're coming out first thing in the morning.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    FINAL REPORT.
    $250 (Hamilton Bros) as opposed to starting at $3700 (C&J).
    DRAW your own conclusion after reading this. :)

This well is at my better half's property.
    Hamilton Brothers came over at 8:30am this morning.
    They replaced the pressure gauge which had failed since the last time I checked it, and tweaked the pressure switch a little.
    It had drifted to 30-48psi and they raised it to 30-54psi.
    BILL $250

C&J had been there several days before, tested things with their own pressure gauge, and told my better half that the pump was down to 15%, and she would need to start with a new pump and pressure tank, with a charge starting at $3700.

Top Bottom