NEED LAWN TREATMENT HELP! ANY INGO DEALS??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    My wife and I recently moved into my first home with a perfect 1 acre yard;) with all the other projects I simply cant keep up with the weed vs grass ratio in my front yard!!!:xmad::xmad::ar15:
    This year the dandelions have gone silly. Ive gotten the most ridiculous quotes, from what my neighbors have said, I need a weed and seed treatment for approx 1/2 to 3/4 of an acre, I dont want 6 treatments of 200$ each or anything close to this If your an INGOer who would want another loyal customer for life come by and shoot me your best price SOON!!!!!!
    PM ME ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Im located near German Church, East side

If there are any other INGOERS who might know someone 110% who can help me out let me know,

Oh here's a bonus,
    Only If you give me the deal of the century RAAAAAA!! lol...

You want to have a permanent place to shoot..
    Want a membership to a private shooting range that only cost you 25$ a year,
    Its super secret no outsiders 40 min outside of INDY

Come give me a quote today:ingo:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I've been using Ortho Weed-B-Gone in the spray bottle that you attach to the hose. Just put down my second bottle, will probably do one more this week and it seems to be working. I've got serious clover issues and it seems to be taking care of that as well. One bottle is just enough to treat my lawn. I have about 1/3rd of an acre with the house. Hope this helps.

Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I am on the east side, just down the road from you actually. I am fighting the same thing. I have been using the 4 step process from Scotts. In one year the grass looks tons better then this time last year... I still have the dandelions, but I think I waited to long for the 1st step this year.

Think it's costing me right around 75 bucks a treatment for one acre. (I have 2 acres but only treat the front acre.)

heatman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2012
    Sheridan
    If you want to really get control of the weeds you need to spray. Go to your local TSC and buy this.Gordon's® Trimec Lawn Weed Killer, 1 gal. - 4201519 | Tractor Supply Company

Get a tank sprayer and mix as directed. I use a 25 gallon pull behind spray. 1 gallon will easily treat my 1 acre yard and once under control once in the spring will do it. Fertilize spring, Memorial Day, early Sept. and mid November. Works for me!
    lawn006.jpg

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    I used Fertiloam weed free zone for turf grass this year. I have a weed free lawn for the first time since we bought the house. I had been using weed b gone and they only yellowed for a fewweeks and came right back.

It comes in concentrate and hose attachment sprayer.

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    The reason why the treatment cost so much via a businesses is due to the regulations, certifications, paperwork, insurance and other hoops one must go through to use and disperse chemicals on someone else's yard for money. In fact I remember a friend at a nursery telling me he couldn't even discuss which chemicals to use or buy to customers due to not taking some class..blah blah blah.

Just friendly FYI. The Forum member who posted a pic and suggested Tractor Supply ;) is a heck of a guy.. and it's the best way to go! for the money you would pay someone else.. and if you have a rider mower, you can get a power pull behind sprayer and the chemicals for the next 3-4 years.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    Mec-Amine or Lesco 3 way are great products I use them on my yard every year. The only thing I have a problem with is Bermuda grass can't seem to get rid of it. Plan on spraying your neighbors yards also if you want yours to stay looking nice.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I use Scott's lawn service and have them service the yard. I have 3/4 acre yard and live on a corner lot. For them to treat front yard, both sides, and the strip behind my fence it cost me $33 and some change every month. At any sighting of weeds I call them and they will come out and re-treat the yard. This will be my second year using them and I haven't had any problems at all. Might be worth the quote. Let me know if you're interested and I can get you the # to the guy I talked to, he might be able to get you a promo type of deal or something along those lines.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    I used to use TruGreen. They did an excellent job.
    Not a weed in sight. Tall lush very green grass. I was the envy of my neighborhood.
    I also have about 1 acre.
    Then gas prices spiked. In the spring I had to cut every 4-5 days or I had to bag.
    The fall season was just as bad. The dang stuff grew like weeds. I got tired of cutting grass. Dang fertilizer! TruGreen did 4 apps. during the growing season.
    I have since retired and I made the decision that I wasn't going to spend my retirement money on my yard. I told Trugreen to take a hike. Now my yard is starting to look like my neighbors. Some grass, chickweed, clover, and a lot of pretty little yellow flowers.
    If you are going to go commercial TruGreen will make it look good.

zspeed130

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Indy, South side
    The reason why the treatment cost so much via a businesses is due to the regulations, certifications, paperwork, insurance and other hoops one must go through to use and disperse chemicals on someone else's yard for money. In fact I remember a friend at a nursery telling me he couldn't even discuss which chemicals to use or buy to customers due to not taking some class..blah blah blah.
    This

I run a small lawn service full time. I do it properly, which means insurance, certifications/license, equipment upkeep, not to mention my gas money and time. Is it and acre of grass or a 1 acre lot. I can usually do a 1 acre lot with a house on it for about $75 per treatment. 5 treatments minimum ( I STRONGLYprefer to do six, not because I am a jerk who wants to make more money for no reason, but because I hate trying to explain why your 5 treatment yard does not look as good as the neighbor who gets 6 or 7 and waters!)because I will do it right or not at all. You can do it yourself but it does take some attention. Bottom line is you just can't let it go even for half a season. If a customer lets me go because they are trying to save a few bucks I generally will not go back because it's not worth my time to stop by and do a half ass job a few times a year. And they always seem to be the ones that are never happy. I am not saying you are like this, just if you want a nice yard it takes either work or money.

If you would like an accurate quote shoot me a pm I have always been told my work is great and my prices are fair. I love loyal long term customers and treat them accoringly.

Z

Last edited:
    Top Bottom