• ...and so much more!
  • Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    So, I'm wanting to pick up a supressor for a Stribog,
    I'm currently stuck on the new YHM R-9 but they are nowhere to be found locally or online.
    With what's available now the multi caliber supressors seem to be the best way to go but I can't make up my decision.........
    So to all of you out there, what's a good comparable supressor to the R-9?
    I looked at a CGS mod-9sk, but would have to put a spacer in place of supplied booster....
    I'm looking for the easy answer.......any thoughts from fellow INGOers?

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I have the full size Mod 9 and I love it. I've only used it on handguns so far because my PCC has a QD muzzle device for another suppressor and thus haven't purchased the barrel spacer yet but I already paid like $800 between the suppressor and the stamp, $45 for the spacer isn't a big deal if I eventually need it.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    If you want to use the silencer on the Stribog and handguns, then get a Rugged Obsidian or CGS Mod9. If you want to use the silencer for the Stribog and rifles, get a Silencerco Omega 36M or Rex Silentium MG7 in .358 (or .458). The Rex MG7 is a slightly bigger and beefier R9 with no minimum barrel length restrictions and more internal volume.

HK Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    "They" say that you should dedicate a can for each gun you are going to shoot suppressed as the point of impact changes from supressed to unsupressed. I've found this to be true. That said, it's kind of cool to have a multi caliber can that you can move around from gun to gun, but you have to rezero and you have to buy a bunch of muzzle attachments for the various guns which can get salty.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    I run an Obsidian 45 on my 45acp pistols.
    Swap out the piston and put on a 9mm endcap, it doubles as a 9mm can.
    Having a long and a short section can fine tune it to however you want to use it.
    It is an excellent can.

bigz82

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Northeast Indianapolis
    Gemtech Lunar 9
    Lightweight modular can
    Uses gemtech gm mounts so many different options on thread mounts.
    I have a 3 lug on it that makes it easy to swap between my 9mm beretta 92, 9mm mp5k and my 300blk AR(subsonic only). It's smaller in diameter than other 9mm cans and cheaper but trust me it does a great job on suppression. Worth checking out

Top Bottom