• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    We have a real nice dark brown leather couch probably 8 or 10 years old and is mostly in great shape. Except in a few places on the seat area where the dye has apparently worn off. It does not appear to be scuffed or anything like that just lighter in color. The place we bought it IIRC will do service calls and touch it up but want an arm and a leg to do it and that was before we moved further away. Can anyone recommend what type of stain or dye I should look for to touch this up. Jim.

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    We have a real nice dark brown leather couch probably 8 or 10 years old and is mostly in great shape. Except in a few places on the seat area where the dye has apparently worn off. It does not appear to be scuffed or anything like that just lighter in color. The place we bought it IIRC will do service calls and touch it up but want an arm and a leg to do it and that was before we moved further away. Can anyone recommend what type of stain or dye I should look for to touch this up. Jim.
    It really depends on the leather, is it dyed? is it stained? how was it sealed? Most leather is sealed so it is difficult to re-stain once the process is complete. It may just need a good cleaning and reconditioned to bring some of the original color back. Could do a small test area with some shoe polish to see if it darkens it back up.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    You could try some of the leather cleaner and conditioners made for car interiors. I’ve used them a few time and have also used Kiwi shoe polish on some worn spots on car seats. Worked ok for me.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    Wife said she used shoe polish on some scratches and it worked fine butnot on this place. Guessing the finish/color rubbed off but leather sealer is still intact preventing the polish from getting into the leather.
    Fibrenew looks interesting and I will contact them about our couch. Problem with them is they are over 100 miles away and I don't expect a house call to be cheap. Jim.

Top Bottom