• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    Have some cash stored for the gun fund but can't find anything to spend it on.

I've got tons of mags and as much ammo as I'm willing to store away at these prices.

I feel like I've upgraded about every possible part I can on my AR's and Glocks but I've got an itch to buy some stuff and no idea what to get.

I've been looking around at guns, but there's nothing that really interests me right now that I don't have.

Any ideas? Lol

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I recommend classic revolvers and/or semi-automatics that are in good condition. Collector grade guns may be at the top of their value, but good condition guns with minor flaws (small scratch, worn blue, small grip chip, etc) can be bought reasonably and will increase in value. I would stick with commonly available cartridges.

dekeshooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Bunker Hill
    I'd recommend getting into something from the past. Revolvers, older auto pistols, lever or bolt rifles.

Black rifles and Tupperware pistols serve a purpose but they do that service without any style or panache. I know this because I own and shot both.

Nothing stirs the soul of this shooter and collector quite like blue steel and walnut. I enjoy the guns of yesterday because I'm fascinated by the genius of the designs and the skills of the workers who built the parts and assembled the final products.

I shoot my mor modern guns to maintain my proficiency with them. My vintage guns are shot regularly simply because they make me happy.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    A wood and metal 270 Winchester with some good glass. An M77 Mk II or a Model 70 can be had used for a reasonable price leaving adequate funds for the scope. If you reload for it, although 270 lacks the cache of newer calibers, it can do most anything that 25-06, 257 Roberts or AI, 260 or 280 Rem or 6.5 Cr can do. You have to go into magnums to meaningfully exceed its performance

Been around a long time and there are a broad choice of loads and components for it to suit varmints up through most large game in N America except maybe moose and bear

Edit: The Swiss Army knife of calibers

Last edited:

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Star model BM at 200 (a tank of a pistol for the tackle box or end of the world)

Smith and Wesson model 41 at 1k. (Expensive 22 target pistol worth the money) add hammerelli ect to the list here.

sig model 210 at whatever you can find one for. (Best target pistol nobody talks much about)

HAnd K p7 squeeze cocker at whatever price you can find one for. (A personal favorite I never owned)
    Tommy gun copy with FBI case.(cool old school tactical if that is what you like)

Rem 541 sporter 22 lr. (one of the best looking 22’s you can spend the money on)

wincheter model 52 original or remake. (Maybe the best 22 ever made)

IDEA: upgrade the Glocks to something without a SpongeBob SquarePants trigger. (I feel there are better options if you have the extra money than a Glock) try a SAO Sig or if you have the amto master the trigger a sig 226 double single action. You get the sig 210 and you can feel a true quality trigger in a semi auto handgun.

the top six on the list could solve your extra money issues pretty quickly. If you don’t like a few of those we are going to have to ask that you turn in your man card as you leave the board.
    I also see no shotguns. A M4 could take a huge chunk of that cash flow away.

now there is also clays guns bullseye silly wet pistols cowboy action or one of my favorites long range target rifles.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    200   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I have to agree with others. Poly/plastic tactical, (while cool) are readily plentiful and available.
    Maybe some Milsurps? They have a lot of history and character to them.
    Lever/Cowboy guns? Nothing like a nice smooth well built lever action rifle to plink with.

Or buy more ammo, or start some minor prepping if you don't already.
    Everyone should have some extra water, coffee, and food put up.
    As well as other supplies, we do have an "impending" supply chain "crisis" on the horizon.

Keep in mind in a true SHTF situation, paper money and money "in the bank" will be of little use.
    Do a small home project that will bring some use to your house, if you are living in your own home.

This is a before and after of my youngest daughters old bedroom closet.
    I added some white wire shelving to store preps.
    These pics are a couple of years old, and we have since stored a lot of the items elsewhere.

We now have all preps on them. You can see in the background where we started with some snapple and coffee.
    A couple of cases of water in the back right corner on the floor.

It wasn't that expensive to do, and added value/benefit to our house.

20200913_140143.jpg 20200913_165159.jpg 20200913_165204.jpg

I was amazed how much more useful space we gained from that empty wall.

JEBland

INGO's least subtle Alphabet agency taskforce spy
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 24, 2020
    South of you
    If I had my own property to practice on I would go for it!
    Why not spend a little of that extra cash on a 12-month range membership while waiting for something to pique your curiosity? Heck, if it's one of those indoor ranges, could even just spend a little extra renting (and paying absurd ammo prices to feed) range guns to try stuff out and see what you like.

Personally, I'm excited to eventually get my hands on a Dan Wesson DWX when I get to earning real money and have a little extra to spare. A bigger/better/proper safe is on my to-do list when I make real money, too.

If'n you're just itching to spend money while waiting, you can join GOA or FPC or any 2-A association of your choosing if you haven't already (and/or kick $20+ towards INGO to help keep the lights on). Or just go down the 3d printed accessory rabbit hole.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Why not spend a little of that extra cash on a 12-month range membership while waiting for something to pique your curiosity? Heck, if it's one of those indoor ranges, could even just spend a little extra renting (and paying absurd ammo prices to feed) range guns to try stuff out and see what you like.

Personally, I'm excited to eventually get my hands on a Dan Wesson DWX when I get to earning real money and have a little extra to spare. A bigger/better/proper safe is on my to-do list when I make real money, too.

If'n you're just itching to spend money while waiting, you can join GOAor FPC or any 2-A association of your choosing if you haven't already (and/or kick $20+ towards INGO to help keep the lights on). Or just go down the 3d printed accessory rabbit hole.
    This is a good outfit: https://isrpa.org

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    Got all of your bases covered??

pellet rifle
    22lr rifle
    AR15
    (multiple uppers)