• ...and so much more!
  • Leah Marie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    K-Town
    My husband bought a canik tp9sfx.

He likes the Blackhawk holster with the button release. But not sure which one would fit? Or is there a better holster out there?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Where on your body are you going to carry dictates what holster to a great extent. Most trainers shy away from the SERPA type holsters for safety reasons.. My suggestion would be a decent quality kydex, IWB or OWB depending on your preference AND most importantly train with it.
    Any holster should have three basic features, no access to the trigger when holstered, allow one handed reholstering and you should be able to get your "firing grip" with the gun in the holster.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” ….Coach[/FONT]

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Leah, NHT3 said, it depends. Can you give us some more information? Does he want to carry on waistband(OWB) or in waistband(IWB)? Is he interested in appendix carry?

How concealed does he want to be? Some have to carry IWB or they don't feel they are concealed enough. Some don't care if they show a little and/or occasionally. Some are fine with open carrying for the whole world to see.

Also is this just for everyday carry? Does he plan on competing with it? Taking training classes?

Competitions usually have holster requirements like no drop leg, no IWB, etc. Some trainers won't allow appendix holsters, etc.

And lastly, holster selection is highly personal but with a little more info, we can point you in the right direction. After that, there are a lot of options that will fit the need.

Leah Marie

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2009
    K-Town
    He said he will want OWB and he would like to compete but that will be later on when ammo goes back down in price. For now just every day carry.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    You might check with the following suppliers for a daily OWB holster for the Canik. Make sure the offerings will fit (or they can tweak to fit for you) the longer barrel/slide of the competition model.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/lightdraw/ (they have one for the TP9SA, but if they could tweak for you to fit the SFX, this would be my choice for an OWB for the Canik)

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/shop-all/snapslide-owb-holster.html (NOT my preferred style, but might be find for your situation)

Good luck.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    He said he will want OWB and he would like to compete but that will be later on when ammo goes back down in price. For now just every day carry.

I think he will be well suited with a Bravo Concealment holster then. He can adjust it high with a forward cant for carrying and then set it lower with no can't for competition if he wants.

They are reasonable in price and he has a satisfaction guarantee that if you don't like it for ANY reason, send it back for a full refund.

They are almost always running specials; free mag holders , two for one pricing ,etc.

Edit: I just checked and I don't see a holster for a Canik. I'm not familiar with Canik to know if it is a clone of a more popular firearm. If it's true that it will fit a holster for a M&P, they have those. You might contact them.

Also, I won't buy a holster anymore without a satisfaction guarantee. They are so individual and I don't want to be stuck anymore with holsters I don't want, but are still virtually brand new.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    You might check with the following suppliers for a daily OWB holster for the Canik. Make sure the offerings will fit (or they can tweak to fit for you) the longer barrel/slide of the competition model.

https://www.vedderholsters.com/lightdraw/ (they have one for the TP9SA, but if they could tweak for you to fit the SFX, this would be my choice for an OWB for the Canik)

https://www.crossbreedholsters.com/shop-all/snapslide-owb-holster.html (NOT my preferred style, but might be find for your situation)

Good luck.

I had a couple of those Vedder's. They are good holsters but I ended up returning both of them. They were not quite up to par with my Bravo's though they do have a feature that I liked.

If they have one to fit the pistol, I think he will be happy with it. It's one of those things, you don't know what you don't know so if he doesn't have a Bravo to compare, he won't know they have some differences.:)

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    The Canikfanatic site should help you out:
    https://canikfanatikforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1397

I have heard some glock holsters will work. That was from several years ago though. There is more support now for the Canik brand. Look up Frank the Tank as well.
    My Sfx came with a holster which "works" and I did use it for awhile for competition until I found a more suitable one. I found the one I use for comp. through Frank.

Top Bottom